Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
NOx Emission Control Technologies in Stationary and Automotive Internal Combustion Engines: Approaches Toward NOx Free Automobiles presents the fundamental theory of emission formation, particularly the oxides of nitrogen (NOx) and its chemical reactions and control techniques. The book provides a simplified framework for technical literature on NOx reduction strategies in IC engines, highlighting thermodynamics, combustion science, automotive emissions and environmental pollution control. Sections cover the toxicity and roots of emissions for both SI and CI engines and the formation of various emissions such as CO, SO2, HC, NOx, soot, and PM from internal combustion engines, along with various methods of NOx formation.
Topics cover the combustion process, engine design parameters, and the application of exhaust gas recirculation for NOx reduction, making this book ideal for researchers and students in automotive, mechanical, mechatronics and chemical engineering students working in the field of emission control techniques.
- Covers advanced and recent technologies and emerging new trends in NOx reduction for emission control
- Highlights the effects of exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) on engine performance parameters
- Discusses emission norms such as EURO VI and Bharat stage VI in reducing global air pollution due to engine emissions
Masters and graduate students in automotive engineering as well as researchers
1. Emission formation in IC Engines
2. NOx formation chemical kinetics in IC Engines
3. NOx and PM Trade-off in IC Engines
4. Effect of engine design parameters in NOx reduction
5. Effect of engine operating parameters in NOx reduction
6. Application of Exhaust Gas Recirculation of NOx reduction in SI engines
7. Application of Exhaust Gas Recirculation of NOx reduction in CI engines
8. NOx reduction in IC engines through after treatment catalytic converter
9. NOx reduction in IC engines through Adsorbing technique
10. Selective catalytic reduction for NOx reduction
11. Fuel Reformulation techniques in NOx reduction
12. Influence of Gaseous Fuels on NOx reduction in IC Engines
13. Impact of NOx control measures on engine life
14. NOx reduction through various advanced engine technology
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2021
- 1st December 2021
- Paperback ISBN:
B. Ashok stared his professional career as specialist engineer in Vehicle Electrical and Electronics at M/S. Force Motors India Ltd, Pune after his M.Tech degree. During his tenure, he played a lead role in the implementation of electronic control for BS IV engine and Antilock Braking System (ABS) in the vehicle portfolio. After the one and half year tenure he has joined in Automotive Department of VIT University as Assistant Professor. During his doctoral research work, he has developed a low cost virtual sensor for the throttle position sensing application for IC engine using various soft computing techniques. His expertise in Mechatronics engineering domain helps to evolve the novel interdisciplinary research in the areas of automotive electronics and automotive engineering system. His current research work focus on the development of motor controller for the Electric vehicle application using soft computing techniques.
Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore, India
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.