Based on ongoing research conducted by investigative teams at the University of Iowa, NOC and NIC Linkages to NANDA-I and Clinical Conditions: Supporting Critical Thinking and Quality Care, 3rd Edition is the only book on the market that provides linkages between the three standardized languages recognized by the American Nurses Organization (NOC, NIC, and all of the 2009-2010 NANDA-I approved nursing diagnoses). Its user-friendly, tabular format and real-world case studies make it the perfect tool to help you develop effective care plans for your patients. This edition features a new chapter on clinical decision making, a new chapter on the use of NNN in information systems, more concise intervention listings that identify major and suggested interventions, and approximately 20 new linkages to common, high-cost medical diagnoses.
- Linkages between the three standardized languages recognized by the American Nurses Organization: NANDA-I, Nursing Interventions Classification (NIC), and Nursing Outcomes Classification (NOC) help you select the most effective care plans for patients and allow institutions to track and quantify nursing care.
- Tabular format allows you to quickly retrieve information.
- Case studies with nursing care plans demonstrate the practical, real-life application of linkages.
- Definitions of all NANDA-I, NOC, and NIC labels provide comprehensive coverage of the standardized languages.
- Serves as an excellent companion to Nursing Outcomes Classification (NOC), 4th Edition and Nursing Interventions Classification (NIC), 5th Edition.
Part I: Languages and Applications
1. Languages and the Development of the Linkages
2. Use of Linkages for Clinical Reasoning and Quality Improvement NEW!
3. Use of NNN in Computerized Information Systems NEW!
Part II: NOC and NIC Linked to NANDA-I Diagnoses
Section 2.1 Introduction to Actual and Health Promotion Diagnoses
- Example of Case Study for a NANDA-I Actual Diagnosis
- Example of Case Study for a NANDA-I Health Promotion Diagnosis
- NOC and NIC Linked to Actual Diagnoses
Section 2.2 Introduction to Risk for Diagnoses
- Example of Case Study for a NANDA-I Risk for Diagnosis
Section 2.3 NOC and NIC Linked to NANDA-I Risk For Diagnoses
Part III: NOC and NIC Linked to Clinical Conditions
Section 3.1 Introduction to Clinical Conditions
- Example of Case Study for a Clinical Condition
Section 3.2 NOC and NIC Linked to Clinical Conditions
- Colon and Rectal Cancer
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Heart Failure
- Total Joint Replacement: Hip/Knee
Part IV: Appendixes
A. NOC Outcomes Labels and Definitions
B. NIC Interventions Labels and Definitions
- © Mosby 2012
- 6th May 2011
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN: