1. Overview: Developments in DNA Sequencing (K.R. Mitchelson et al.).
2. Chip Capillary Electrophoresis and Total Genetic Analysis Systems (Qiang Xiong, Jing Cheng).
3. Comparative Sequence Analysis by MALDI TOF Mass Spectrometry - Utilizing the Known to Discover the New (M. Ehrich et al.).
4. Advances in Dye-Nucleotide Conjugate Chemistry for DNA Sequencing (Shiv Kumar, C.W. Fuller).
Sequencing by Synthesis Platforms
5. The 454 Life Sciences Picoliter Sequencing System (M. Margulies et al.).
6. An Integrated System for DNA Sequencing by Synthesis (J. Edwards et al.).
Single Molecule Sequencing
7. Single Molecule Fluorescence Microscopy and its Applications to Single Molecule Sequencing by Cyclic Synthesis (B. Hebert, I. Braslavsky).
8. Rapid DNA Sequencing by Direct Nanoscale Reading of Nucleotide Bases on Individual DNA Chains (J. Weifu Lee, A. Meller).
9. Optical Sequencing of Single DNA Molecules (D.C. Schwartz et al.).
Sequencing Validations and Analysis
10. Sequencing Aided by Mutagenesis (SAM) Facilitates the De Novo Sequencing of Megabase DNA Fragments by Short Read Lengths (J.M. Keith et al.).
11. Genome Sequencing and Assembly (A. McGrath).
12. Valid Recovery of Nucleic Acid Sequence Information from High Contamination Risk Samples – Ancient DNA and Environmental DNA (G.A. Kowalchuk et al.).