Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
New and Future Developments in Microbial Biotechnology and Bioengineering: Microbial Biomolecules: Properties, Relevance and Their Translational Applications presents a concise review on microbial biotechnology, along with impacts and recent results from research centers, small companies and large enterprises. The book brings the most relevant information on how we can use resources—in this case from microorganisms—and technology to develop solutions in fields like biofuels, food, cosmetics and medicine. It covers case studies of start-ups in the field and explains how scientists have moved their ideas into profitable bio-based products that are necessary for our current living standards.
In addition, the book describes strategic governmental programs designed to exploit biomass in a sustainable way, along with detailed information on research in several high-impact, worldwide laboratories. It gives concrete examples of ongoing research from molecules to methods, such as L-asparaginase, extremophiles, new diagnostics tools and the analytical methods that have raised the quality of the data obtained, thereby boosting the so-called bioeconomy.
- Comprises a unique source of information on the various applications of microbial biomolecules
- Provides resourceful material for new ideas and strong rational/application-oriented stories
- Discusses biotech companies in various areas (biofuel, food, medicine, etc.) who are actively using microbial biomolecules
- Outlines scientific discoveries and their translation into profitable products
- Gives an insight perspective of institutional and governmental strategic research programs aiming to preserve, explore and generate benefits from microbial biomolecules
Researchers in the disciplines of biochemical engineering, biotechnology, bioremediation, environmental sustainability as well as pharma industries. Could be adopted in various biotechnology and related courses at postgraduate level
1. A Brief History of Microbiology
2. Biopharmaceutics Molecules
3. Biopharmaceutical Development, Production, And Quality
4. Antibodies and Microbial Biomolecules as Biotechnological Tools for Bacterial Infections Diagnosis
5. Microbial Production of Metabolites for Food and Processes
6. Fermented Beverages: Geographical Distribution and Bioactive Compounds with Health Benefits
8. Biosurfactants: The Use of Biomolecules in Cosmetics and Detergents
9. Global Players: Resources and Profits
10. Start-Ups and Prominent Business
11. Advanced Metabolic Engineering Strategies for Sustainable Processes
12. Biomolecules Produced by Extremophiles Microorganisms and Recent Discoveries
13. Policy Making in Biotechnology
14. Challenges and Opportunities
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2020
- 8th June 2020
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Alexandre Gomes Rodrigues received his BSc in pharmacy in 2011 in Brazil. He expanded his interests into biotechnology and completed his MSc in an interdisciplinary project involving fungal proteins and metallic nanoparticles at Sao Paulo University. In 2014 he moved to Germany to pursue his PhD in pharmaceutical technology at Martin-Luther-University. His research interests cover the fields of pharmaceutical technology, biomaterials, and biotechnology. He has published scientific peer-reviewed articles and book chapters and has participated in international congresses and conferences in both biotechnology and pharmaceutics.
Institute for Animal Hygiene, Animal Welfare and Farm Animal Behaviour, University of Veterinary Medicine Hannover, Foundation, Hanover, Germany.
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.