Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
New and Future Developments in Microbial Biotechnology and Bioengineering: Microbial Biomolecules: Properties, Relevance and Their Translational Applications presents a concise review on microbial biotechnology, along with impacts and recent results from research centers, small companies and large enterprises. The book brings the most relevant information on how we can use resources—in this case from microorganisms—and technology to develop solutions in fields like biofuels, food, cosmetics and medicine. It covers case studies of start-ups in the field and explains how scientists have moved their ideas into profitable bio-based products that are necessary for our current living standards.
In addition, the book describes strategic governmental programs designed to exploit biomass in a sustainable way, along with detailed information on research in several high-impact, worldwide laboratories. It gives concrete examples of ongoing research from molecules to methods, such as L-asparaginase, extremophiles, new diagnostics tools and the analytical methods that have raised the quality of the data obtained, thereby boosting the so-called bioeconomy.
- Comprises a unique source of information on the various applications of microbial biomolecules
- Provides resourceful material for new ideas and strong rational/application-oriented stories
- Discusses biotech companies in various areas (biofuel, food, medicine, etc.) who are actively using microbial biomolecules
- Outlines scientific discoveries and their translation into profitable products
- Gives an insight perspective of institutional and governmental strategic research programs aiming to preserve, explore and generate benefits from microbial biomolecules
Researchers in the disciplines of biochemical engineering, biotechnology, bioremediation, environmental sustainability as well as pharma industries. Could be adopted in various biotechnology and related courses at postgraduate level
The first steps
1. Basics of microbiology and brief history
Biomolecules and Business
9. Global players: resources and profits
10. Start-ups and prominent business
11. Techniques used and recent technical developments
12. New discoveries (e.g., extremophiles; mesophiles) and new uses of traditional biomolecules
Great-impact research programs
13. From policy to public with a stop at the lab
14. Trends and forecast
15. Challenges and opportunities
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2020
- 1st February 2020
- Paperback ISBN:
Alexandre G. Rodrigues received his BSc in Pharmacy in 2011 in Brazil. From 2011-2014, he expanded his interests into metallic nanoparticles and completed his MSc in an interdisciplinary project involving fungi and silver nanoparticles at Sao Paulo University. In 2014 he moved to Germany to pursue his PhD in pharmaceutical technology at Martin-Luther-University Halle-Wittenberg. His research interests cover the field of drug delivery systems and pharmaceutical formulations as well as biotechnology. He has published scientific articles and book chapters as well as participating in international congresses and conferences in both Biotechnology and Pharmaceutics fields.
The Martin Luther University of Halle-Wittenberg Institute of Pharmacy