Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Neurobiology of Cytokines, Part A provides an overview of the effects of cytokines in the brain and in the endocrine system. The book discusses the general aspects of cytokines, including the endogenous agonists and antagonists, their receptors, their second messengers, and transport mechanisms for cytokines across the blood-brain barrier. The text also describes the anatomical localization of cytokines, cytokine receptors, and their respective mRNA in brain and in endocrine tissues. The methods for evaluating the in vivo as well as in vitro actions of cytokines on hormone secretion are also considered. The book further tackles the synthesis and release of cytokines and their central nervous system actions; and the methodology for studying the role of cytokines in human neuropathological conditions.
Contributors to Volume
Volumes in Series
Section I General Aspects
1. Pharmacological, Biochemical, and Molecular Biological Studies on Cytokine Receptors
2. Genetic Regulation and Activities of an Interleukin 1 Receptor Antagonist Protein
3. Identification of Intracellular Mediators of the Actions of Cytokines: Identifying Proteins Involved in Kinase Signaling Pathways
4. Measurement of Transport of Cytokines across the Blood-Brain Barrier
Section II Anatomical Localization Studies
5. In Situ Hybridization Techniques for Localization of Interleukin 1 and Interleukin 1 Receptor Antagonist mRNA in Brain
6. Immunocytochemical Methods for Localization of Cytokines in Brain
7. Localization of Type I Interleukin 1 Receptor mRNA in Brain and Endocrine Tissues by in Situ Hybridization Histochemistry
8. Identification, Autoradiographic Localization, and Modulation of Interleukin 1 Receptors in Brain-Endocrine-Immune Axis: Methodology and Overview
9. c-fos-Based Functional Mapping of Central Pathways Subserving Effects of Interleukin 1 on the Hypothalamo-Pituitary-Adrenal Axis
10. Anatomical and Functional Approaches to Study of Interleukin 2 and Its Receptors in Brain
Section III Neuroendocrine Actions
11. Endocrine Aspects of Neuroimmunomodulation: Methods and Overview
12. Determining Role and Sources of Endogenous Interleukin 1 in Pituitary-Adrenal Activation in Response to Stressful and Inflammatory Stimuli
13. In Vivo and in Vitro Methods for Studying Effects of Cytokines on Adrenocorticotropic Hormone, Arginine Vasopressin, and Oxytocin Secretion
14. In Vivo and in Vitro Models for Evaluating Effects of Interleukin 1 on Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Gonadal Axis
15. Methodological Evaluation of Sites and Mechanisms of Action Involved in Neuroendocrine Effects of Cytokines
16. In Vivo and in Vitro Methods for Studying Effects of Tumor Necrosis Factor on Pituitary Cells
17. Determination of Direct Effects of Cytokines on Release of Neuropeptides from Rat Hypothalamus by an in Vitro Method
18. Effects of Interleukin 1 on ß-Endorphin Secretion in AtT-20 Pituitary Cells: Methods and Overview
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 1993
- 22nd September 1993
- Academic Press
- eBook ISBN:
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.