Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
This new edition has been updated to include the following: The use of biomarkers (organic compounds in the geospherical record with carbon skeletons) reflecting the upsurge in geoporphyrin research primarily due to MS, yeast RNA nucleic acid studies: reversed-phase HPLC of amino acids; brewing industry applications (HPLC evaluation of carotenoids in orange juice and of "debittered" citrus); HPTLC of carbohydrates; synthesis of a sweetening agent from citrus peels, synthesis and degradation of alkaloids and of sterols, GC/MS uses with sterols, petroleum products, and aromatic constituents of wine and grape juice, flash chromatography of essential oils, optical purity of enantiomers affecting flavors, fragrances, and pheromones, as well as studies of lattice inclusion compounds 1H- and 13C-NMR, MS, IR and UV data are presented for most natural products.
- Biomarkers—organic compounds in the geospherical record with carbon skeletons—reflecting the upsurge in geoporphyrin research primarily due to MS
- Yeast RNA nucleic acid studies
- Reversed-phase HPLC of amino acids, citrus juice components, and HPLC in brewing industry application
- HPTLC of carbohydrates
- 1H- and 13C-NMR: Sweetness evaluation and synthesis of a sweetening agent from citrus peels; seed oil sesamolin; alkaloids (strychnine, piperine, caffeine); and sterol analyses
- GC/MS: sterols, petroleum studies, aromatic constituents of wine and grapejuice
- Flash chromatography of essential oils
- Optical purity of enantiomers affecting flavors, fragrances, and pheromones
- Materials science studies of lattice inclusion compounds
Undergraduate and graduate students studying natural products organic chemistry courses
Acetogenins. Flavonoids. Lipids. Lignans. Quinones. Phloroglucinois. Carbohydrates. Mono- and Oligosaccharides. Polysaccharides. Isoprenoids. Carotenoids. Steroids. Terpenoids. Nitrogenous Compounds. Alkaloids. Amino Acids. Nucleic Acids. Porphyrins. Proteins. Pteridines. Pyrazines. Bibliography. Subject Index. Index of Chemical Compounds.
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2013
- 13th December 1991
- Academic Press
- eBook ISBN:
The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.