- Nanotechnology is revolutionising the world of materials
- Learn about a new generation of textile fibers that have a wide range of applications
- Examines how to improve polymer properties
Table of Contents
- Part 1 Nanofiber production: Electrospinning of nanofibers; Producing nanofibre structures by electrospinning for tissue engineering; Continuous yarns from electrospun nanofibers; Producing polyamide nanofibers by electrospinning; Controlling the morphologies of electrospun nanofibers. Part 2 Carbon nanotubes and nanocomposites: Synthesis, characterisation and applications of carbon nanotubes: The case of aerospace engineering; Carbon nanotube and nanofibre reinforced polymer fibers; Structure and properties of carbon nanotube polymer nanofibers using melt spinning; Multifunctional polymer nanocomposites for industrial applications; Nanofilled polypropylene (PP) fibers. Part 3 Improving polymer functionality: Nanostructuring polymers with cyclodextrins; Dyeable polypropylene (PP) via nanotechnology; Polypropylene (PP)/clay nanocomposites; Multi-wall carbon nanotube-nylon 6 nanocomposites from polymerisation. Part 4 Nanocoatings and surface modification techniques: Nanotechnologies for coating and structuring of textiles; Electrostatic self-assembled nanolayer films for cotton fibers; Nanofabrication of thin polymer films; Hybrid polymer nanolayers for surface modification of fibers; Structure-property relationships of polypropylene nanocomposite fibers.
- No. of pages: 544
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Woodhead Publishing 2007
- Published: October 17, 2007
- Imprint: Woodhead Publishing
- eBook ISBN: 9781845693732
About the Editors
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Nanofibers and Nanotechnology in Textiles"