Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. Introduction to 2D MXenes: Fundamental Aspects, MAX Phases and MXene Derivatives
2. Synthesis Methods and Surface Chemistry/Functionalization of MXene
3. Structure, Defects and Electronic Properties of MXenes
4. Optical and Mechanical Properties of MXenes
5. Electrical and Magnetic Properties of MXenes
6. MXenes and their Composites for Energy Storage and Energy Conversion
7. MXenes and their Composites: An Emerging Materials for Gas Sensing and Biosensing
8. MXene and their Composites as Piezoresistive Sensors
9. MXenes and their Composites for Lithium and Sodium Ion Battery Applications
10. MXenes-Based Materials for Lithium-Sulphur and Multivalent Rechargeable Batteries
11. Applications of MXenes and their Composites in Catalysis and Photoelectrocatalysis
12. MXenes and their Composite Hydrogels as Potential Biomaterials
13. MXenes and their Composites Based Materials for Medical and Biomedical Applications
14. MXenes and their Composites for Hybrid Capacitors and Supercapacitors
15. Mxenes and their Composites: A Promising Materials for Hydrogen Storage
16. MXene-Based Materials for Remediation of Environmental Pollutants
17. MXene-Based Molecular Sieving Membranes for Highly Efficient Gas Separation
18. MXene-Based Membranes for Water Desalination
19. MXenes-Based Flexible Polymer Composites as High Dielectric Constant Materials
20. MXenes-Based Multifunctional Polymer Composites for EMI Shielding Applications
21. MXenes and their Composites for Energy Harvesting Applications
22. Current Advances, Challenges and Future Prospects in MXenes Based Research
MXenes and their Composites: Synthesis, Properties and Potential Applications covers a new family of 2D transition metal carbides, carbonitrides and nitrides with the chemical formula Mn+1XnTx where M is an early transition metal, X is either carbon or nitrogen, and Tx represents functional groups such as hydroxy, oxygen and/or fluoride groups that are attached to the surface. This newly discovered, emerging family of 2D materials possess similar properties to graphene with excellent electronic conductivity and different surface terminations. In addition, MXenes have a highly negative zeta potential in neutral and basic solution, making this book an ideal addition to practitioners of interest.
As MXenes have already found a wide range of potential applications in transparent conductors, EMI shielding, field effect transistors, gas sensors, lubricants, catalyst and water purification, this book fills a void in information on their usage.
- Covers MXene synthesis, their exfoliation, characterization, electronic properties, surface functionalization, design and fabrication
- Highlights major MXene application areas, including energy storage and energy generation, EMI shielding, sensors and biosensors, medical and biomedical and gas separation
- Assesses the major challenges of producing MXenes on a mass scale
Materials scientists and engineers
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2021
- 4th October 2021
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr Kishor Kumar Sadasivuni is Group Leader of Smart Nanosolutions at the Center for Advanced Materials, Qatar University, Doha, Qatar. Dr. Sadasivuni was graduated from University of South Brittany, Lorient, France and currently he is working in Center for Advanced Materials, Qatar University. He has published more than 100 Journal papers, 12 book chapters and edited 7 books. He has around 10 years of experience in synthesis & characterization of nanoparticles and also in manufacturing nanocomposites for industrial applications. His areas of interest includes different types of nanocomposite fabrication, modifications, designs and their applications in lightweight technologies such as sensors, piezoelectric, actuators, energy storage, memory storage and flexible electronics. For the past ten years he has been a consultant providing solutions to numerous problems of the chemical, materials, polymer and plastic industries. He holds couple of patents in the field of engineering and material science. In 2017, he received Tyre & Rubber Industry Leadership Acknowledgement Awards (TRILA): Young Research Scholar of the Year. He has worked in many international laboratories including USA, Qatar, South Korea, Germany, Sweden, Italy and France.
Qatar University, Qatar
Dr. Kalim Deshmukh is a Researcher of Engineering of Special Materials at the New Technologies Research Centre, University of West Bohemia, Plzeň, Czech Republic.Dr. Deshmukh completed his Ph.D degree in Polymer Nanocomposites at the Department of Physics, B. S. Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai, India. He has over 13 years of research experience in the field of polymeric materials, and their blends and nanocomposites for a wide range of technological applications. His research interests are mainly focused on the properties of polymer nanocomposites reinforced with different carbon allotropes such as carbon black, carbon nanotubes, graphene, graphene oxide, graphene nanoplatelets and graphene quantum dots. Dr. Deshmukh has over 50 publications in international journals and three book chapters to his credit. He has also participated in, and presented his research work at, several international conferences.
Researcher of Engineering of Special Materials, New Technologies Research Centre, University of West Bohemia, Plzen, Czech Republic
Khadheer Pasha PhD is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Physics, VIT AP University, Andhra Pradesh, India. His research interests are in the areas of graphene-based polymer composites, high-k dielectrics, and graphene quantum dots.
Department of Physics, VIT AP University, Andhra Pradesh, India
Ing. Tomáš Kovářík, Ph.D is a Materials Science and Engineer in the Department of Engineering Special Materials at the University of West Bohemia, Czech Republic. His research interests are thermal properties of inorganic composites, synthesis and characterization of cellular ceramics, study of porous substrates based on amorphous structures, and surface functionalization.
Materials Science and Engineer, Department of Engineering Special Materials, University of West Bohemia, Czech Republic
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.