This unique new text delivers complete coverage of every musculoskeletal exam, using concise "how-to" text complemented by hundreds of clear illustrations. Evidence-based throughout, this resource systematically summarizes the specificity and sensitivity of each test for each condition.
- Provides complete coverage of every musculoskeletal physical examination.
- Summarizes and compares the evidence for specificity and sensitivity of each test for each condition in easy-to-use tables—enabling readers to select tests and draw conclusions from results with greater confidence.
- Uses over 200 illustrations to clearly depict each test.
- Every chapter features the expertise of a PM&R specialist and an Orthopedist, ensuring well-balanced coverage.
- An Evidence-Based Approach to the Musculoskeletal Physical Examination
2. Reliability and Validity of Physical Examination
3. Sensory, Motor and Reflex Examination
4. Physical Examination: Cervical Spine
5. Physical Examination: Shoulder
6. Physical Examination: Elbow, Wrist and Hand
7. Physical Examination: Of the Lumbar Spine
8. Physical Examination: Of the Sacroiliac Joint
9. Physical Examination: Of the Hip
10. Physical Examination: Of the Knee
11. Physical Examination: Of the Foot and Ankle
- No. of pages:
- © Hanley & Belfus 2006
- 21st October 2005
- Hanley & Belfus
- Hardcover ISBN:
Director, Sports, Spine and Orthopedic Rehabilitation, Kessler Institute of Rehabilitation, Associate Professor, UMDNJ- New Jersey Medical School, West Orange, NJ, USA
Director of Sports Medicine, Assistant Professor, Department of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, UMDNJ, Newark, NJ, USA
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.