Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Multiphysics Modelling: Materials, Components, and Systems focuses on situations where coupled phenomena involving a combination of thermal, fluid, and solid mechanics occur. Important fundamentals of the various physics that are required in multiphysics modelling are introduced and supported with practical problems. More advanced topics such as creep deformation, fatigue and fracture, multiphase flow or melting in porous media are tackled. 3D interactions in system architectures and energy systems such as batteries, reformer or fuel cells, and modelling of high-performance materials are exemplified. Important multiphysics modelling issues are highlighted. In addition to theory, solutions to problems, such as in linear and non-linear situations are addressed, as well as specific solutions for multiphysics modelling of fluid-solid, solid-solid and fluid-fluid interactions are given. Drawing on teaching experience, industry solutions, and the latest research, this book is the most complete guide to multiphysics modelling available for students and researchers in diverse science and engineering disciplines.
- Provides a thorough intro to the theory behind multiphysics modeling
- Covers both linear and non-linear material behaviors
- Helps to answer practical questions such as when to use 2D or 3D modeling
Postgraduate students and researchers interested in multiphysics modelling, from disciplines including mechanical engineering, materials science, manufacturing, physics, biomaterials. A useful reference for engineers using multiphysics models
1. Introduction to Multiphysics Modelling
2. Multiphysics Modelling of Fluid Flow Systems
3. Multiphysics Modelling of Thermal Environments
4. Multiphysics Modelling of Structural Components and Materials
5. Multiphysics Modelling of Interactions in Systems
6. Thermomechanical Modelling of Materials and Components
7. Multiphysics Modelling of High-Performance Materials
8. Multiphysics Modelling of Energy Systems
9. Multiphysics Modelling Issues
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2018
- 19th June 2018
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Murat Peksen is an adjunct professor in Multiphysics and Simulation at RWTH Aachen University, Germany and at the University of Sciecne and Technology of China.. He is an expert in coupled fluid flow, structural mechanics, heat and transfer interactions (multiphysics) in various industrial high-tech applications, particularly in energy technologies and mechanical engineering.
Professor, Aachen University of Applied Sciences and at the University of Sciecne and Technology of China.