Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Based on his best-selling HyperText and HpyerMedia, Jakob Nielsen takes hypertext a step further--to the Internet. Multimedia and Hypertext: The Internet and Beyond explores new and developing applications in multimedia and hypertext as well as offering coverage of the use of HTML (hypertext markup language) and the World Wide Web with interfaces such as Mosaic and Netscape.
- Includes a large number of richly illustrated examples of a wide variety of new hypermedia systems.
- Provides a range of strategies for overcoming information overload.
- Thorougly discusses a number of new applications, including distribution of hypertext tools via the Internet.
- Explains copyright issues for users and develeopers, and usability issues for hypertext.
- Forecasts the future of the field in the long and short term.
Practitioners, technical writers, software developers, engineers, communication and computer science students, graphic designers, sophisticated PC users, and anyone involved in electronic dissemination of information.
- No. of pages:
- © Morgan Kaufmann 1995
- 23rd March 1995
- Morgan Kaufmann
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Called the world's leading expert on Web usability by US News and World Report, Jakob Nielsen today serves as user advocate and principal of the Nielsen Norman Group. In the course of a career in which he held influential positions at Sun Microsystems, Bellcore, and IBM's T.J. Watson Research Center, Nielsen founded the "discount usability engineering" movement for fast and cheap improvements of user interfaces and invented several usability methods, including heuristic evaluation. He holds 58 US patents, many of which focus on ways to make the Internet easier to use. He has written the Alertbox column on Web usability since 1995 and is the author of Designing Web Usability: The Practice of Simplicity and Usability Engineering, plus eight other books.
Nielsen Norman Group, Fremont, CA, U.S.A.