Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Molybdenum and Molybdenum-Containing Enzymes is a collection of papers that deals with the various concerns with molybdenum-containing enzymes.
The text first covers the organometallic chemistry of molybdenum, and then proceeds to tackling molybdenum-containing enzymes, such as xanthine oxidase, aldehyde oxidase, and sulphite oxidase. The text also discusses the advancement in the understanding of molybdenum-containing enzymes. The remaining chapters deal with the genetics of molybdoenzymes and the nutritional aspects of molybdenum. The book will be of great use to students, researchers, and practitioners of biochemistry.
1. A Comparison between the Chemistry and Biochemistry of Molybdenum and Related Elements
2. The Structures and Spectra of Molybdoenzyme Active Sites and Their Models
3. Model Reactions of Molybdenum Complexes
4. Aldehyde Oxidase, Xanthine Oxidase and Xanthine Dehydrogenase: Hydroxylases Containing Molybdenum, Iron-Sulphur and Flavin
5. Concepts and Approaches to the Understanding of Electron Transfer Processes in Enzymes Containing Multiple Redox Centers
6. Studies by Electron Paramagnetic Resonance on the Nature and Reactions of the Molybdenum Centre of Xanthine Oxidase
7. Sulphite Oxidase
8. Nitrate Reductase Systems in Eukaryotic and Prokaryotic Organisms
9. Prosthetic Groups and Mechanism of Action of Nitrate Reductase from Neurospora Crassa
10. The Molybdenum Cofactor Common to Nitrate Reductase, Xanthine Dehydrogenase and Sulphite Oxidase
11. Molybdenum in Nitrogenase
12. Nitrogenase: Electron Transfer and Allocation and the Role of ATP
13. On the Prosthetic Groups of Nitrogenase
14. Chemical Aspects of Nitrogenase
15. Formate Dehydrogenases: Role of Molybdenum, Tungsten and Selenium
16. The Genetics of the Molybdenum-Containing Enzymes
17. Nutritional Aspects of Molybdenum in Animals
18. Theoretical and Practical Aspects of Studying Molybdenum-Containing Enzymes
- No. of pages:
- © Pergamon 1980
- 1st January 1980
- eBook ISBN:
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.