Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Modern Trends in Diseases of the Ear, Nose, and Throat presents a critical review of speech therapy for children with cleft palate. The book discusses the development and treatment of cancer of the larynx, as well as the condition of a patient after laryngectomy. Some of the topics covered in the text are the radiology of the ear, nose, and throat; the description of the pharyngeal diverticulum and laryngeal paralysis; and the mechanisms of larynx stenosis. The development of tuberculosis of the upper air passages; the physiology of the esophagus; and the diagnosis of facial paralysis are also considered. The book further tackles the intracranial complications of the aural infections; the characteristics of chronic otorrhea; and the description of the upper respiratory tract infection in children. The orbital complications of sinus infections and the tumors of the nasopharynx are also presented. A chapter is devoted to the chemotherapy of acute aural infection. The book can provide useful information to surgeons, doctors, students, and researchers.
1. Functions of the Labyrinth
2. Aural Vertigo
3. Hearing Tests
4. Hearing Aids
5. Children with Defective Hearing
6. The Surgery of Non-Suppurative Deafness
7. The Non-Surgical Treatment of Deafness
8. The Chemotherapy of Acute Aural Infections
9. Otitis Externa
10. Acute Otitis Media
11. Chronic Otorrhoea
12. Intracranial Complications of Aural Infections
13. Facial Paralysis
14. Nasal Catarrh
15. Upper Respiratory Tract Infection in Children
I Development and Treatment
II Radiotherapeutic Control of Infection
16. Orbital Complications of Sinus Infections
17. Osteomyelitis and Intracranial Complications of Sinus Infections
18. Tumors of the Nasopharynx
19. Laryngoscopy and Bronchoscopy
20. Tuberculosis of the Upper Air Passages
21. Stenosis of the Larynx
22. Laryngeal Paralysis
23. Treatment of Cancer of the Larynx
24. The Patient after Laryngectomy
25. Pharyngeal Diverticulum
26. Cancer of the Pharynx
27. The Esophagus
28. Speech Therapy for Children with Cleft Palate
29. Radiology of the Ear, Nose and Throat
- No. of pages:
- © Butterworth-Heinemann 1954
- 1st January 1954
- eBook ISBN:
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.