- Addresses a broad range of modern machining techniques, providing specifications for easy comparison
- Includes descriptions of the main applications for each method, along with the materials or products needed
- Provides the very latest research in processes, including hybrid machining
Grad students and researchers in mechanical, manufacturing, nanotechnology, production, and industrial engineering with an interest in machining
Table of Contents
1. Needs of advanced machining technology
2. Classification of advanced machining technology
3. Machining processes utilizing mechanical energy
4. Machining processes utilizing thermal energy
5. Machining processes utilizing chemical and electrochemical energy
6. Hybrid machining technology
7. Micromachining processes
8. Advanced finishing
- No. of pages: 780
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Academic Press 2019
- Published: September 17, 2019
- Imprint: Academic Press
- eBook ISBN: 9780128128954
- Paperback ISBN: 9780128128947
About the Authors
Field of Specialization: Non-Traditional Machining Processes, Micro Machining.
Advanced Manufacturing Technology (AMT), Production Management.
Principal Investigator since 1995 for seven multi-year research projects e.g. on Electrochemical Machining (ECM), Electrochemical Discharge Machining (ECDM), and Electrochemical Micromachining (EMM)
Professor, Production Engineering Department, since 2000
Head of the Department, Production Engineering Department, from 2001 to 2003
Coordinator of Quality Improvement Program (QIP), Jadavpur University, since 2002
Coordinator of Center of Advanced Study (CAS) Phase II-IV Programs consisting thrust areas: Micromachining and Nanotechnology, Micromanufacturing, sponsored by UGC, since 2003
Achieved several Certificates of Merit and Certificates of Achievement Institution Award & Gold Medal by The Institution of Engineers (India) for a research paper Keynote speaker, chair person, presenter and organizer/coordinator of several international conferences.
Visited several countries such as England, Dublin, Taiwan, Hongkong, Thailand etc. for research and academic purposes.
Board member and Fellow of several academic bodies in several institutions
Guest editor of International journals and editor of conference proceedings
Supervised several Ph.D thesis and filed several patents in his credit.
Authored and co-authored around 353+ articles
Author of 83 articles with 1352 total citations by 959 documents as listed in Scopus
H-Index of 24 per SCOPUS
Affiliations and Expertise
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Modern Machining Technology"