Mobile Cloud Computing: Foundations and Service Models combines cloud computing, mobile computing and wireless networking to bring new computational resources for mobile users, network operators and cloud computing providers.
The book provides the latest research and development insights on mobile cloud computing, beginning with an exploration of the foundations of cloud computing, existing cloud infrastructures classifications, virtualization techniques and service models.
It then examines the approaches to building cloud services using a bottom-up approach, describing data center design, cloud networking and software orchestration solutions, showing how these solutions support mobile devices and services.
The book describes mobile cloud clouding concepts with a particular focus on a user-centric approach, presenting a distributed mobile cloud service model called POEM to manage mobile cloud resource and compose mobile cloud applications. It concludes with a close examination of the security and privacy issues of mobile clouds.
- Shows how to construct new mobile cloud based applications
- Contains detailed approaches to address security challenges in mobile cloud computing
- Includes a case study using vehicular cloud
Cloud computing, mobile computing, and cybersecurity researchers and advanced students. Software developers, system administrators, security engineers, and system architects
Part 1: Mobile Cloud Computing Foundation
1. Mobile Cloud Computing Taxonomy
3. Mobile Cloud Service Models
Part 2: Mobile Cloud Computing
4. Mobile Cloud Computing Service Framework
5. Mobile Cloud Offloading Models
6. Edge Clouds – Pushing the Boundary of Mobile Clouds
Part 3: Mobile Cloud Computing Security
7. Mobile Cloud Security: Attribute-Based Access Control
8. Mobile Cloud Security: Virtualization and Isolation on Mobiles
Appendix A: Mobile Cloud Resource Management
Appendix B: Mobile Cloud Programming and Application Platform
Appendix C: Cryptographic Constructions
Appendix D: Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Implementation and Evaluation
- No. of pages:
- © Morgan Kaufmann 2018
- 12th September 2017
- Morgan Kaufmann
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN: