2. Theoretical Foundations of the Stability of Mine Openings
3. Classification of Methods for Computing the Stability of Mine Openings
4. Classification of Computing Methods
5. Statical Solutions of Supporting Structures
6. Dimensioning of Supporting Structures
7. Supporting Structures of Longitudinal Mine Openings
8. Technology of the Installation (Placing) of Supporting Structures
9. General Conclusions
In this book, the authors present a review of the methods used for the solution of problems of stability and support of mine workings, based on the study and analysis of the validity conditions of individual theoretical computing procedures. The classification of these methods, based on the analysis of factors determining the behaviour of a system of mine openings, should contribute to the greater objectivity of decisions connected with the management and control of mining operations and, from the educational point of view, enable the intricate problems of stability to be better understood. Chapters dealing with support structures and technologies of support review the present state of the art with special reference to problems prevailing in Europe where mining is carried out under continuously deteriorating and less favourable natural conditions.
The authors have assembled the theoretical and practical knowledge necessary for those to whom the book is addressed, namely, practising mining engineers and project managers, and students and graduates in mining colleges and schools.
- © Elsevier Science 1986
- 1st January 1986
- Elsevier Science
- eBook ISBN:
"The book is well written. The factual information, in the form of design charts and tables, included in the text, makes the book of real assitance to practicing engineers." --Appl. Mech. Rev.