Chapter 1 Introduction
Chapter 2 Postnatal care: principles and practice
Chapter 3 Care of the baby at birth
Chapter 4 Examination of the newborn
Chapter 5 Hospital postnatal care
Chapter 6 Postoperative care following a caesarean
Chapter 7 Postnatal care in the community
Chapter 8 Emotional well-being following birth
Chapter 9 Formula feeding
Chapter 10 Supporting the mother to feed her baby
The second edition of the popular Midwifery Essentials series continues to help readers understand and master a range of core issues safely and with confidence!
Written by leading midwifery academics, each book in the series provides a user-friendly source of information which has been fully updated throughout to reflect the latest evidence-base for current practice. Now with an improved design to make learning as easy as possible, each paperback in the series focuses on the importance of communication and contemporary women-centred care and presents helpful ‘scenarios’ to encourage debate and reflection. Special features include:
- Helpful ‘jigsaw’ approach enables readers explore specific topics from a variety of perspectives e.g. effective communication, team working and promotes health.
- Explains the professional and legal issues surrounding current practice
- Chapters designed to be read as a ‘standalone’ or in succession
- Makes reference to the latest national and international guidelines
- Embraces the principles of ‘Better Births’
The Midwifery Essentials series is ideal for all midwives – whether qualified or in training – and is also helpful to nurses and HCAs working in the maternity environment.
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2017
- 26th June 2017
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Consultant Midwife Public Health; Honorary Researcher / lecturer, University of Sheffield; Honorary Lecturer Sheffield Hallam University.
EdD RM ADM MSc (Reproduction & Health) PGDip(HE)
Senior Midwifery Lecturer, Bournemouth University, UK