Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Annals of the International Geophysical Year, Volume 32: Meteorology covers the various aspects of the International Geophysical Year/International Geophysical Cooperation's meteorological program, focusing on radiation measurement. This book is divided into seven sections, and begins with an overview of the meteorological program of the IGY and some related activities. The subsequent chapter outlines the program of radiation measurement planned for the IGY and the data received at World Data Center C for the IGY/IGC period. These topics are followed by discussions on observations of solar radiation flux from aircraft flux of the Meteorological Research Flight during the period of February 1958-January 1960. Other chapters provide tabulations of meteorological data from ozone stations with IGY station numbers arranged according to latitude, north to south. The concluding chapter is devoted to the IGY-IGC effort in the field of nuclear radiation. This book will prove useful to geophysicists and researchers in the field.
I. Meteorological Programme of the International Geophysical Year
2. Meteorological Programme of Investigations
3. Programme of Meteorological Observations
4. Meteorological Activities Related to other IGY Disciplines
5. Networks and Telecommunications
6. Collection and Publication of Meteorological Data
7. IGY World Synoptic Charts and Aerological Cross-Sections
8. Research Based on IGY Data
1. Surface Measurements of Solar and Terrestrial Radiation during the IGY and IGC
2. Radiation Measurements in the Free Atmosphere
2.1 Some Aircraft Observations of Fluxes of Solar Radiation in the Atmosphere
2.2 Radiation Measurements in the Free Atmosphere during the IGY and IGC
2.3 Balloon-Borne Radiometersonde
3. Rayonnement et trouble atmosphérique en régions équatoriales
4. Photométric de la lumière cendrée en vue de la détermination de l’albedo de la terre
III. Introductory Note on Atmospheric Ozone Observations in IGY and IGC
IV. The Nuclear Radiation Program of the International Geophysical Year
- No. of pages:
- © Pergamon 1964
- 1st January 1964
- eBook ISBN:
Royal Belgian Meteorological Institute, Uccle, Belgium
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.