Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
2. Experimental Approach to High Undercoolings
3. Physics of Undercooled Liquid
4. Solid-Liquid Interface
6. Crystal Growth in Undercooled Melts
7. Cooperative Growth in Undercooled Polyphase Alloys
8. Metastable Solid States and Phases
9. Microstructure Selection Maps
10. Experiments in Reduced Gravity
11. Summary and Conclusions
This book presents the physical concepts and tools to characterize and describe the formation of metastable solids from undercooled melts. Its aim is to facilitate understanding of the development of the science and technology of solidification of melts and to introduce new concepts within this exciting research field in order to fulfil the challenges of the future in the field of undercooled melts.
A comprehensive description of the science and applications of the undercooling phenomenon is given. It is composed of several main parts: experimental techniques for undercooling; characterization of the undercooled melt as the first step in rapid solidification; introducing the concepts of modern theories of rapid dendrite and eutectic growth and their comparison with experimental results, and a survey of metastable materials formed from the non-equilibrium state of an undercooled melt.
- Showing clear links to possible application of results obtained from basic research
* The subject matter is multidisciplinary and will be of interest to material scientists, physicists, physical chemists, mechanical and electrical engineers
Researchers working in metallurgy and metal physics and also broader structural material scientists
- No. of pages:
- © Pergamon 2006
- 18th December 2006
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
German Aerospace Research Center, Koln, Germany
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.