- Reviews the latest techniques in metal processing methods including surface treatment and sterilisation
- Examines metal selection for biomedical devices considering biocompatibility of various metals
- Assesses mechanical behaviour and testing of metals featuring corrosion, fatigue and wear
Table of Contents
- Part 1 General introduction: Overview of metals and biomedical applications; Metal selection for biomedical devices. Part 2 Mechanical behaviour, degradation and testing of metals for biomedical devices: Mechanical properties of metallic biomaterials; Corrosion of metallic biomaterials; Fatigue and failure of metallic biomaterials; Mechanical testing of metallic biomaterials; Tribology and tribo-corrosion testing and analysis of metallic biomaterials; Biocompatibility and fabrication of in situ bioceramic coating/titanium alloy biocomposites. Part 3 Processing metals for biomedical applications: Forging metals and alloys for biomedical applications; Surface treatment of metallic biomaterials; Coatings for metallic biomaterials; Biocompatible polymer assembly on metal surfaces; Sterilisation and cleaning of metallic biomaterials. Part 4 Specific applications of metals for biomedical devices: Orthopaedic applications of metallic biomaterials; New generation metallic biomaterials; Degradable metallic biomaterials for cardiovascular applications.
- No. of pages: 432
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Woodhead Publishing 2010
- Published: March 31, 2010
- Imprint: Woodhead Publishing
- eBook ISBN: 9781845699246
About the Editor
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Metals for Biomedical Devices"