Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Membrane Based Technologiesfor Environmental Pollution Control explains the application of this green technology while offering a systematic approach for accurately utilizing mathematical modeling methods for optimizing system design and scale-up. The book provides in-depth coverage of membrane processes, materials and modules, along with their potential application in various pollution control systems. Each chapter provides a systematic approach for dynamic model development and solutions. With this reference, researchers and those responsible for the design of pollution control systems will find a source that can maximize their efforts to reduce or prevent pollutants from entering all types of environmental media.
- Provides a systematic approach for designing membrane technology based systems for pollution reduction or prevention in all types of environmental media
- Includes case studies to illustrate actual projects to explain the problems and solutions associated with system scale-up
- Introduces dynamic modeling and analysis for process intensification
Environmental Engineers, Civil Engineers, Environmental Engineering Technicians and Civil Engineering Technicians
1. Introduction to Process Intensification
2. Membrane-Based Process Intensification
3. Process Intensification in Lactic Acid Production
4. Process Intensification in Acetic Acid Production
5. Process Intensification in Glutamic Acid Production
6. Process Intensification in Gluconic Acid Production
7. Process Intensification in Bio-Fuel Production
8. Process Intensification in Chlor-Alkali Industry
9. Introduction to Modelling Membrane Separation Processes
10. Dynamic Modelling of Membrane-Based Arsenic Removal Process
11. Dynamic Modelling of Membrane-Based Fluoride Removal Process
12. Dynamic Modelling of Membrane-Based Coke Wastewater Treatment
13. Dynamic Modelling of Membrane-Based Pharmaceutical Wastewater Treatment
14. Dynamic Modelling of Membrane-Based Lactic Acid Production Process
15. Dynamic Modelling of Membrane-Based Acetic Acid Production Process
16. Dynamic Modelling of Membrane-Based Glutamic Acid Production Process
17. Case Studies on Advanced Software Tool for Operation and Control of Membrane Based Plants
- No. of pages:
- © Butterworth-Heinemann 2020
- 1st May 2020
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr. Parimal Pal is Professor & Former Head of Chemical Engineering, National Institute of Technology Durgapur, India. Winner of Hiyoshi Environment Award 2018, Springer Best Research Paper Award 2015 and IIChE best Research Paper Award, Prof.Pal is the sole author of the books ‘Groundwater Arsenic Remediation: Treatment Technology & Scale Up, ‘Industrial Water Treatment Process Technology’ and ‘Membrane-based Technologies in Environmental Pollution Control’. Prof. Parimal Pal holds seven patent and copyrights. Author of over 100 high impact research papers Prof. Pal has now h-index of 36 and i-10 index of 75 with total citations of over 6000
Environment & Membrane Technology Laboratory, Chemical Engineering Department, National Institute of Technology, Durgapur, India
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.