Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Membrane Based Technologiesfor Environmental Pollution Control explains the application of this green technology while offering a systematic approach for accurately utilizing mathematical modeling methods for optimizing system design and scale-up. The book provides in-depth coverage of membrane processes, materials and modules, along with their potential application in various pollution control systems. Each chapter provides a systematic approach for dynamic model development and solutions. With this reference, researchers and those responsible for the design of pollution control systems will find a source that can maximize their efforts to reduce or prevent pollutants from entering all types of environmental media.
- Provides a systematic approach for designing membrane technology based systems for pollution reduction or prevention in all types of environmental media
- Includes case studies to illustrate actual projects to explain the problems and solutions associated with system scale-up
- Introduces dynamic modeling and analysis for process intensification
Environmental Engineers, Civil Engineers, Environmental Engineering Technicians and Civil Engineering Technicians
- Introduction to membrane materials, processes, and modules
- Introduction to membrane-based technology applications
- Introduction to modeling membrane separation processes
- Introduction to dynamic modeling of membrane-based technologies
- Introduction to air emissions reduction and prevention
- Membrane-based abatement technologies for SOx, NOx, volatile organic compound, humidity
- Membrane-based technology for carbon dioxide capture and sequestration
- Membrane-based technology for removal of metallic pollutants
- Introduction to membrane processes in water treatment
- Membrane based technology for groundwater treatment
- Membrane-based technology for wastewater
- Membrane-based technology for drinking water
- Membrane-based technology for desalination
- Introduction to membrane-based green technologies in pollution prevention
- Case studies on membrane-based green technology for organic acid manufacture
- Case studies for membrane-based green technology for amino acid manufacture
- Membrane technology to convert dairy waste into value-added products
- Membrane-based green technology in biofuel production
- A case study on membrane-based green technology in abatement of mercury pollution
- No. of pages:
- © Butterworth-Heinemann 2020
- 13th May 2020
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dr. Parimal Pal is Professor & Former Head of Chemical Engineering, National Institute of Technology Durgapur, India. Winner of Hiyoshi Environment Award 2018, Springer Best Research Paper Award 2015 and IIChE best Research Paper Award, Prof.Pal is the sole author of the books ‘Groundwater Arsenic Remediation: Treatment Technology & Scale Up, ‘Industrial Water Treatment Process Technology’ and ‘Membrane-based Technologies in Environmental Pollution Control’. Prof. Parimal Pal holds seven patent and copyrights. Author of over 100 high impact research papers Prof. Pal has now h-index of 36 and i-10 index of 75 with total citations of over 6000
Environment & Membrane Technology Laboratory, Chemical Engineering Department, National Institute of Technology, Durgapur, India
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.