1. Mediterranean Climate Variability over the last Centuries: a Review.
2. Past Regional Mediterranean Climate Evidence and Extremes.
3. Large Scale Climate Reconstructions and Importance of Proxy Data for the Mediterranean.
4. Mediterranean Winter Temperature and Precipitation Variability over the last 500 Years.
5. Connection Between the Large-Scale Atmospheric Circulation and Mediterranean Winter Climate Over the last Centuries.
6. Teleconnection Studies with other parts of the Northern Hemisphere.
7. Mediterranean winter temperature and precipitation reconstructions in comparison with the ECHO-G and HadCM3 Models.
2. Relations Between Climate Variability in the Mediterranean Region and the Tropics: ENSO, South Asian and African Monsoons, Hurricanes and Saharan Dust.
2. ENSO Impact on Mediterranean Climate.
3. South Asian Monsoon Variability and the Mediterranean Climate.
4. African Monsoon Impact on the Climate of the Mediterranean.
5. Tropical Cyclones' Impact on the Mediterranean Climate.
6. Tropical Intrusions into the Mediterranean Basin.
7. Mediterranean dust transport from Sahara.
8. Conclusions and outlook.
3. Relations Between Variability in the Mediterranean Region and Mid-Latitude Variability.
2. Modes of Atmospheric Circulation and their Impact.
4. Precipitation Variability.
6. Other Important Forcing Factors.
7. Future Outlook.