Medical Terminology & Anatomy for Coding, 4th Edition is unlike any other medical terminology textbook on the market! With interspersed ICD-10 and CPT coding guidelines and notes, electronic medical records, and integrated exercises, it combines anatomy and physiology coverage with the latest medical terminology needed by coders and coding students. The ICD-10-CM classification system serves as the structure for organizing diseases and disorders, with carefully drawn, well-labelled illustrations to help you visualize the associated anatomy. A new Infectious Disease Process Basics appendix provides the terminology and physiology of infectious diseases. Updated CPT coding information indicates where physician coding differs from ICD-10 coding.
- UNIQUE! Anatomy and physiology content covers everything students need to know to code in ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-PCS, and CPT.
- UNIQUE! Pathology terms organized by ICD-10 disease and disorder categories allow students to learn terms in the same order they are presented in the coding manual.
- UNIQUE! Body Part key provides a complete list of body parts and how they should be coded in ICD-10.
- Introduction to Medical Terminology
2. Body Structure and Directional Terminology
3. Musculoskeletal System and Connective Tissue
4. Skin and Subcutaneous Tissue
5. Digestive System
6. Genitourinary System
7. Obstetric, Perinatal, and Congenital Conditions
8. Blood, Blood-Forming Organs, and the Immune Mechanism
9. Circulatory System
10. Respiratory System
11. Nervous System
12. Mental and Behavioral Disorders
13. Eye and Adnexa
14. Ear and Mastoid Process
15. Endocrine System and Nutritional and Metabolic Diseases
A: NEW! Infectious Disease Process Basics
B: Oncology Basics
C: Pharmacology Basics
D: Word Parts and Definitions
E: Definitions and Word Parts
G: Normal Lab Values
H: Body Part Key
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2020
- 1st August 2020
- Paperback ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Betsy Shiland has authored two very successful medical terminology texts, along with a statistics text for health information management students, all for Elsevier.
AHIMA ICD-10-CM/PCS Academy Trainer, Assistant Professor, Allied Health Department, Community College of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.