Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. Editorial overview: Mechanisms underlying microbial symbiosis
Kerry Oliver and Jacob A. Russell
2. Symbiotic solutions to nitrogen limitation: diversity, genomics, and integration of nitrogen-provisioning symbioses
3. Symbiont mediated degradation of recalcitrant polysaccharides in herbivorous insects
4. Regulation of an insect endosymbiosis
Alexandra C. C. Wilson
5. Host-symbiont specificity in insects: underpinning mechanisms and evolution
6. Common themes in intracellular reproductive manipulators of arthropods
7. Insect symbionts at the interface of plant-insect interactions
8. Functions and mechanisms of symbionts of insect disease vectors
9. Offensive symbioses: co-option of viruses by parasitoids
10. Symbiont produced allelochemicals used in host defense
Mechanisms Underlying Microbial Symbiosis, Volume 58 in the Advances in Insect Physiology series, highlights new advances in the field, with this new volume presenting interesting chapters on Mechanisms underlying microbial symbiosis, Symbiotic solutions to nitrogen limitation: diversity, genomics, and integration of nitrogen-provisioning symbioses, Symbiont mediated degradation of recalcitrant polysaccharides in herbivorous insects, Regulation of an insect endosymbiosis, Host-symbiont specificity in insects: underpinning mechanisms and evolution Common themes in intracellular reproductive manipulators of arthropods, Insect symbionts at the interface of plant-insect interactions, and much more.
- Provides the authority and expertise of leading contributors from an international board of authors
- Presents the latest release in the Advances in Insect Physiology series
- Updated release includes the latest information on mechanisms of microbial synthesis
Undergraduates, graduates, academics and researchers in the field of Microbial Symbiosis
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2020
- 1st June 2020
- Academic Press
- Hardcover ISBN:
Kerry Oliver is at University of Georgia, USA
University of Georgia, USA
Jacob A. Russell is at Drexel University, PA, USA
Drexel University, PA, USA
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.