Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
- Introduction to nano-materials and nanostructures and their applications
2. Introduction to piezoelectricity and flexoelectricity
3. Introduction to magneto-electro-elasticity (MEE), magneto-electro-elastic materials and their applications
4. Vibration analysis of flexoelectric nanobeams
5. Thermal environment effects on vibration characteristics of flexoelectric nanobeams
6. Magnetic field effects on vibration characteristics of flexoelectric nanobeams
7. Buckling analysis of flexoelectric nanobeams
8. Vibration analysis of flexoelectric nanoplates
9. Vibration analysis of preloaded flexoelectric nanoplates
10. Thermal environment effects on vibration characteristics of flexoelectric nanoplates
11. Buckling analysis of flexoelectric nanoplates
12. Thermal environment effects on buckling characteristics of flexoelectric nanoplates
13. Vibration analysis of MEE nanobeams
14. Effects of elastic foundation on the vibration characteristics of MEE nanobeams
15. Thermal environment effects on vibration characteristics of MEE nanobeams
16. Buckling analysis of MEE nanobeams
17. Effects of elastic foundation on the buckling characteristics of MEE nanobeams
18. Thermal environment effects on buckling characteristics of MEE nanobeams
19. Vibration analysis of MEE nanoplates
20. Effects of elastic foundation on the vibration characteristics of MEE nanoplates
21. Thermal environment effects on vibration characteristics of MEE nanoplates
22. Buckling analysis of MEE nanoplates
23. Effects of elastic foundation on the buckling characteristics of MEE nanoplates
24. Thermal environment effects on buckling characteristics of MEE nanoplates
Mechanics of Smart Magneto-electro-elastic Nanostructures provides mathematical models for buckling and vibration analysis of flexoelectric and magneto-electro-elastic nanostructures under thermal environment effects. Analytical results are presented in each chapter based on changes in different parameters, including various electric and magnetic potential, non-local parameters or different boundary conditions and their effects on vibration and buckling behavior on nanobeams and nanoplates. Key characteristics of smart materials and their response to external factors are presented, including size-dependency of nanostructures, effect of various gradient indexes, thermal environment effects, and effects of elastic foundation.
- Reviews vibration and buckling models of the responses of smart magneto-electro-elastic materials
- Addresses thermal environment and elastic foundation effects of magneto-electro-elastic materials
- Introduces piezoelectricity, flexoelectricity and magneto-electro-elasticity
Materials Scientists and Engineers in academia and R&D Mechanical Engineers, Civil Engineers
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2021
- 1st April 2021
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
Farzad Ebrahimi is an Associate Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at the Imam Khomeini International University (IKIU), Qazvin, Iran. He received his B.S., M.Sc., and Ph.D. all from the School of Mechanical Engineering of the University of Tehran. Thereafter, he joined IKIU in 2012 as an Assistant Professor and was elected as Associate Professor in 2017. His research interests include mechanics of nanostructures and nanocomposites, smart materials and structures, viscoelasticity, composite materials, functionally graded materials (FGMs), and continuum plate and shell theories. He has published more than 400 international research papers. In addition to the books he has edited, recently, he has authored two books, titled “Wave Propagation Analysis of Smart Nanostructures” and “Mechanics of Nanocomposites: Homogenization and Analysis”, in collaboration with Taylor & Francis Group/CRC Press
Associate Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Imam Khomeini International University, Qazvin, Iran
Rajendran Selvamani is an assistant professor in the Department of Mathematics at the Karunya University, Coimbatore, India. His research interests include solid mechanics, numerical methods, partial differential equations, and modeling of cylindrical structures. He has 16 years of teaching experience and published more than 75 international research papers, and is the author of two books in Engineering Mathematics
Assistant Professor, Karunya University, India
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.