Mechanical Testing of Advanced Fibre Composites
Free Global ShippingNo minimum order
Testing of composite materials can present complex problems but is essential in order to ensure the reliable, safe and cost-effective performance of any engineering structure. This essentially practical book, complied from the contributions of leading professionals in the field, describes a wide range of test methods which can be applied to various types of advanced fibre composites. The book focuses on high modulus, high strength fibre/plastic composites and also covers highly anisotrpoic materials such as carbon, aramid and glass.Engineers and designers specifying the use of materials in structures will find this book an invaluable guide to best practice throughout the range of industrial sectors where FRCs are employed.
Materials scientists, engineers, and designers
Table of Contents
- General principles and perspectives; Specimen preparation; Tension; Compression; Shear; Flexure; Through-thickness testing; Interlaminar fracture toughness; Impact and damage tolerance; Fatigue; Environmental testing of organic matrix composites; Scaling effects in laminated composites; Statistical modelling and testing of data variability; Development and use of standard test methods.
- No. of pages: 384
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Woodhead Publishing 2000
- Published: October 27, 2000
- Imprint: Woodhead Publishing
- Hardcover ISBN: 9781855733121
- eBook ISBN: 9781855738911
About the Editor
J M Hodgkinson
Dr John M. Hodgkinson is Deputy Head of the Centre for Composite Materials at Imperial College in London. He is a member of the Institute of Mateirals, being a founder member of Council and Chairman of the Applied Polymer Science Committee. He has also chaired the Aerospace Materials and Structures Committee at the Institution of Mechanical Engineers and has organised numerous conferecnes and seminars. He is Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Aerospace Engineering.
Affiliations and Expertise
Imperial College London, UK
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Mechanical Testing of Advanced Fibre Composites"