Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Mechanical Properties of Polycarbonate: Experiment and Modeling for Aeronautical and Aerospace Applications provides a detailed description on experimental characterization, material modeling and finite element simulation method for polycarbonate in aeronautical and aerospace applications. The book presents the experiment facilities and methods used in characterizing the mechanical properties of polycarbonate in a large range of strain rates and temperatures. The constitutive modeling of polycarbonate and the finite element simulation of polycarbonate products under impact loading are illustrated in detail. Finally, an optimization methodology is devised to optimize the injection molding process parameters for high mechanical performance of the product under impact loading.
- Provides a detailed description of experimental methods and modeling technologies for the characterization of polycarbonate in aeronautical and aerospace applications
- Proposes an integrative method that combines treatment and mechanical simulations for polycarbonate products
- Helps readers learn how to test the mechanical properties of polycarbonate in a wide range of strain rates and temperatures
Graduate students and research engineers who wish to learn the basic experimental and modeling technology in designing and manufacturing a polycarbonate product. Graduate students and researchers who want to study the experimental and modeling technology for polymer product
2. Experiment setups and methods for the investigations of mechanical properties of polycarbonate
3. Constitutive model of polycarbonate
4. Impact simulation of polycarbonate products in aeronautical and aerospace applications
5. Integrated simulation of injection molding process, induced-inhomogeneity of yield stress and mechanical behavior of polycarbonate
6. Process optimization of the injection molding
- No. of pages:
- © ISTE Press - Elsevier 2019
- 14th August 2019
- ISTE Press - Elsevier
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Prof. Weihong Zhang obtained his PhD in University of Liège, Belgium. He is currently Vice-President of Northwestern Polytechnical University, Cheung Kong Chair Professor and Distinguished Young Scholar of National Natural Science Foundation of China. His research interests cover Computational Mechanics of Solids and Structures, Optimal Designs of Advanced Materials, Structures and Advanced Manufacturing Process.
Vice-President of Northwestern Polytechnical University, Cheung Kong and Chair Professor and Distinguished Young Scholar, National Natural Science Foundation, China
Prof. Yingjie Xu has his PhD in Mechanical Engineering from University of Technology of Belfort-Montbéliard, France. He is currently Professor at Northwestern Polytechnical University, China. His present interests include Mechanics of Composites (Fiber reinforced polymer, ceramic matrix composites, smart and multi-functional composites), Processing Modeling of Polymeric Composites, Optimal Design of Functional Composite Structures (Energy absorption, thermal protection
Deputy Director of Shaanxi Engineering Laboratory of Aerospace Structure Design and Application, Department of Aeronautical & Astronautical Manufacturing Engineering, Shaanxi, China