Syngress Study Guides guarantee comprehensive coverage of all exam objectives. There are no longer any short cuts or gimmicks that allow candidates to pass Microsoft's new, more rigorous exams. The days of cramming to become a "paper MCSE" are over; candidates must have a full grasp of all core concepts and plenty of hands-on experience to become certified. This book provides complete coverage of Microsoft Exam 70-277 and features one-of-a-kind integration of text, instructor-led training, and Web-based exam simulation and remediation, this study guide gives students 100% coverage of official Microsoft exam objectives plus realistic test prep. The System package consists of:
- STUDY GUIDE. 800 pages of coverage explicitly organized in the identical structure of Microsoft's exam objectives. Sections are designed to "standalone", allowing readers to focus on those areas in which they are weakest and skim topics they may have already mastered.
- ONLINE PRACTICE EXAMS AND E-BOOK. Most exam candidates indicate that PRACTICE EXAMS are their single most valuable exam prep tool. Buyers of our Study Guides have immediate access to our exam simulations located at WWW.SYNGRESS.COM/SOLUTIONS. Syngress practice exams are highly regarded for rigor or the questions, the extensive explanation of the right AND wrong answers, and the direct hyperlinks from the exams to appropriate sections in the e-book for remediation.
- Readers will be fully prepared to pass the exam based on our 100% Certified guarantee
- Readers may save thousands of dollars required to purchase alternative methods of exam preparation
- Because of its breadth of coverage, this book will serve as a post-certification reference for IT professionals
MCSE candidates preparing to take Exam 70-294
Foreword Chapter 1 Active Directory Infrastructure Overview Introduction Introducing Directory Services Terminology and Concepts Understanding How Active Directory Works Directory Structure Overview Sites Domains Domain Trees Forests Organizational Units Active Directory Components Logical vs. Physical Components Using Active Directory Administrative Tools Graphical Administrative Tools/MMCs Command-Line Tools Implementing Active Directory Security and Access Control Access Control in Active Directory Active Directory Authentication Standards and Protocols What’s New in Windows Server 2003 Active Directory? New Features Available on All Windows New Features Available Only with Summary of Exam Objectives Exam Objectives Fast Track Exam Objectives Frequently Asked Questions Self Test Self Test Quick Answer Key Chapter 2 Working with User, Group, and Computer Accounts Introduction Understanding Active Directory Security Principal Accounts Security Principals and Security Identifiers Naming Conventions and Limitations Working with Active Directory User Accounts Built-In Domain User Accounts Creating User Accounts Managing User Accounts Working with Active Directory Group Accounts Group Types Group Scopes in Active Directory Built-In Group Accounts Creating Group Accounts Managing Group Accounts Working with Active Directory Computer Accounts Creating Computer Accounts Managing Computer Accounts Managing Multiple Accounts Implementing User Principal Name Suffixes Moving Account Objects in Active Directory Troubleshooting Problems with
- No. of pages:
- © Syngress 2003
- 16th October 2003
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN: