- Explores improving energy efficiency and thermal comfort through material selection and sustainable technologies
- Documents the development of advanced materials and sustainable technologies for applications in building design and construction
- Examines fundamental building physics and occupant comfort in buildings featuring heat and mass transport, hygrothermal behaviour and ventilation
Table of Contents
- Part 1 Fundamental issues and building physics: Heat and mass transport; Hygrothermal behaviour and simulation; Ventilation, air quality and air-tightness; Heat energy storage and cooling; Thermal comfort; Environmental health and safety. Part 2 Materials and sustainable technologies: Life cycle assessment; Inorganic mineral insulation; Natural fibre and fibre composite insulation; Polymeric foam insulation; Insulation for building equipment; Reflective materials and radiant barriers; Aerogel insulation; Hygrothermal materials for heat and moisture control; Desiccant materials for moisture control; Phase change materials; Porous materials for evaporative cooling; Prefabricated units and modern methods of construction (MMC); Roofing materials; Benchmarking performance of façades. Part 3 Application of advanced building materials and design: Materials and eco-building design; Domestic buildings; Commercial buildings; High performance buildings; New buildings; Refurbishment; Hot and tropical climates.
- No. of pages: 760
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Woodhead Publishing 2010
- Published: April 21, 2010
- Imprint: Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN: 9780081014882
- eBook ISBN: 9781845699277
About the Editor
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Materials for Energy Efficiency and Thermal Comfort in Buildings"