The new edition of Manual of Pediatric Anesthesia, by Drs. Lerman, Coté & Steward, summarizes the principles of pediatric anesthesia and details important management considerations for a wide variety of conditions. Thoroughly updated and expanded, it reflects the latest research on new drugs and techniques to keep you absolutely up to date. Covering everything from chronic and acute pain through the pathophysiology of surgical disease to endoscopic procedures, you’ll find exactly what you need to safely and effective administer anesthesia to your pediatric patients. Also, it's handy, pocket size is perfect for quick reference and review.
• Discusses anesthetics and procedures outside of the operating room.
• Explores the issue of anxiety and the parent/child/anesthesiologist relationship.
• Provides more tables and algorithms for at-a-glance guidance.
• Presents an index of syndromes and conditions and their implications for the anesthesiologist.
• Includes appendices on drug dosages and growth curves.
• Uses a consistent format throughout that makes reference easy.
- No. of pages:
- © Churchill Livingstone 2010
- 10th December 2009
- Churchill Livingstone
- Paperback ISBN:
Clinical Professor, Department of Anesthesiology, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY; Department of Anesthesiology, Children's Hospital of Buffalo, Buffalo, NY, USA
Professor, Department of Anesthesiology, University of Southern California School of Medicine; Director, Department of Anesthesiology, Children's Hospital of Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA
Professor of Anaesthesia, Harvard Medical School; Director of Clinical Research, Division of Pediatric Anesthesia, MassGeneral Hospital for Children; Department of Anesthesia and Critical Care, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.