2. Electricity Risk Management for the Beginner: What It Is, Why It Matters and How to Deal With It (A. Hyman, L. Hyman).
3. Surprised by Choice: The Implications of Technology for Strategic Risk (M. Chesser, D. Bodde).
4. Why the Transmission Network as Presently Planned Will Not Provide the Efficient, Economic and Reliable Service that the Public Wants (L. Hyman).
Part II. Current Approaches to Managing Risk: Their Power and Limitations 5. The DCF Approach to Capital Budgeting Decision-Making (D. Lander, K. Leggio).
6. Real Options and Monte Carlo Simulation Versus Traditional DCF Valuation in Layman’s Terms (J. Mun).
7. Enterprise Risk Management in 2005 Moving Beyond Market and Credit Risk (J. Utter).
Part III Emerging Risk Management Techniques 8. Overview of Operational Risk Management at Financial Institutions (L. Barriga, E. Rosengren).
9. The Application of Banking Models to the Electric Power Industry: Understanding Business Risk in Today’s Environment (K. Leggio et al.).
10. What Risk Managers Can Learn From Investors Who Already Know and Consider the Risks and Who Wish That Professional Risk Managers and Decision-Making Executives Would Coordinate Their Efforts and Figure Out How Risk Taking and Risk Management Efforts Can Mesh (L. Hyman).
Part IV. An Integrated Approach to Understanding, Managing, and Communicating Risk 11. Executive Decision-Making under KUU Conditions: Lessons from Scenario Planning, Enterprise Risk Management, Real