- Forward looking consideration of critical emerging issues in library practice
- Draws on the author’s wide knowledge of electronic content management issues
- Presents a practical perspective based on the authors long standing experience
Table of Contents
- Introduction; Universal discovery and access to information; The library catalogue and the new role of distributed electronic content tools; Electronic content products – materials management and integration; The ILS and the challenges of electronic materials; Whither the OPAC: new models for the primary library search interface; Still too many search interfaces: wrestling with old and new disintegrated applications; Innovative interfaces, new interfaces, search services, toolbars, lookups and widgets; End-to-end integration and a seamless user experience; Net size, bigger and better partnerships, and getting others to share the work; Library application services for information exchange services: more and less than web services; More elements of the integrated information environment; Conclusions.
- No. of pages: 252
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Chandos Publishing 2008
- Published: September 30, 2008
- Imprint: Chandos Publishing
- eBook ISBN: 9781780631400
About the Author
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Managing Electronic Resources"