- Content focuses on client care management, rather than staff management, to go beyond basic management concepts and help those whose role will be managing quality client care.
- Essential theoretical information is covered with an emphasis on practical application.
- Application Exercises at the end of each chapter challenge readers to apply what they've just learned. A brief clinical situation is followed by questions or commands to describe the solution, based on what was learned in the chapter.
- Critical Thinking Scenarios at the end of each chapter give readers a short case study to consider and questions to test their application of knowledge.
- A competency-based format is applied throughout and is based on a research study that identifies clinical management skills needed by beginning staff nurses.
- Objectives and Key Concepts at the beginning of each chapter provide readers with a glimpse at important information contained within. Key concepts are also shown in boldface upon first mention in that chapter.
- Cartoons are provided throughout to keep readers more actively interested in the text content.
- © Mosby 2004
- 4th November 2003
- eBook ISBN:
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.