- Reviews the increasingly important issues of recycling and reuse as a result of the increased use of composites
- Discusses the management of waste composites and EU legislation with regards to recycling
- Examines methods for recycling, including thermal technologies and mechanical methods
Table of Contents
- Part 1 Management of waste composites: An introduction to composites recycling; Legislation for recycling waste composites; Waste management. Part 2 Thermal technologies for recycling waste composites: Thermal methods for recycling waste composites; Pyrolysis for recycling waste composites; Catalytic processing of waste polymer composites; Advanced thermal treatment of composite wastes for energy recovery; Fluidized bed pyrolysis of waste polymer composites for oil and gas recovery. Part 3 Mechanical technologies for recycling waste composites: Mechanical methods for recycling waste composites; Additives to upgrade mechanically recycled plastic composites; Improving the mechanical recycling and reuse of mixed plastics and polymer composites; Quality and durability of recycled composite materials. Part 4 Improving sustainable manufacture of composites: Clean and environmentally-friendly wet-filament winding; Process monitoring and damage detection using optical fibre sensors; New developments in producing more functional and sustainable composites. Part 5 Case studies: Designing composite wind turbine blades for disposal, recycling or reuse; In-process composite recycling in the aerospace industry; Disposal of composite boats and other marine composites; Sustainable fibre-reinforced polymer composites in construction; Recycling of concrete.
- No. of pages: 624
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Woodhead Publishing 2009
- Published: December 18, 2009
- Imprint: Woodhead Publishing
- eBook ISBN: 9781845697662
About the Editor
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Management, Recycling and Reuse of Waste Composites"