Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Management of Contaminants of Emerging Concern (CEC) in Environment provides information on new concepts and the latest developments in the origin, reaction pathways, transportation, transformation products, identification and adverse effects of CEC, as well as recent remediation technologies and tools for CEC. The book explores processes such as nanotechnology for the degradation of CEC by using various heterogeneous catalysts. Chapters incorporate both theoretical and practical aspects and will serve as a baseline for future studies. The book is an indispensable resource for university students, teachers and researchers, especially those working in the areas of remediation and management of contaminants.
- Takes a holistic approach, focusing on the origin of contaminants, type of contaminants, remediation technologies, regulations and legal aspects
- Applies chemical, physical and biological processes for the treatment of emerging contaminants
- Written by a team of internationally reputed and rising researchers
Chemical engineers, environmental engineers and scientist, scholars working on the management and remediation of hazardous waste; scientist working in fields of environmental management and remediation; civil engineers working on waste treatment
1. Occurrence, Distribution and Fate of Emerging Persistent Organic Pollutants in the Environment
2. Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs) and health Impact
3. Impact and issues of Organic Pollutants
4. Impact of pharmaceuticals and their metabolites on environment
5. Occurrence of Steroidal Hormone in Environment
6. Persistent Veterinary Drug Residues in Environment: Their Source of Origin, Adverse Effects and Early Detection
7. Personal Care Products: Occurrence, Toxicity and Risks
8. Atmospheric Brown Carbon: A Global Emerging Concern for Climate and Environmental Health
9. Fluoride contamination in underground water and its treatment
10. Microplastics as an emerging contaminant in environment: Occurrence, distribution and management strategy
11. Environmental Technologies for CEC: Physical Treatment Technologies
12. Bio-based technologies to combat emerging environmental contaminants
13. Nanoscale Zero Valent Iron (nZVI): A promising nanoparticle for environmental contamination remediation
14. Dye removal from waste-water using metal organic frameworks
15. Investigating the problem of Crop Residue Burning in an Indo-Gangetic Plain (IGP) - An Emerging Concern to Air Quality
16. Appraisal of groundwater chemistry and Holocene aquifer for arsenic mobilization in groundwater from Bengal basin: A study for safe water supply option
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2021
- 26th March 2021
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr Pardeep Singh is presently working as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Environmental Science PGDAV College University of Delhi, New Delhi, India. He obtained his Master’s degree from the Department of Environmental Science, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India . He obtained his doctorate degree from the Indian Institute of Technology (Banaras Hindu University) Varanasi .
Assistant Professor, PGDAV College, University of Delhi, India
Chaudhery Mustansar Hussain, PhD is an Adjunct Professor and Director of Labs in the Department of Chemistry & Environmental Sciences at the New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT), Newark, New Jersey, USA. His research is focused on the applications of Nanotechnology & Advanced Technologies & Materials, Analytical Chemistry, Environmental Management, and Various Industries. Dr. Hussain is the author of numerous papers in peer-reviewed journals as well as prolific author and editor of several (around 50 Books) scientific monographs and handbooks in his research areas published with Elsevier, Royal Society of Chemistry, John Wiley & sons, CRC, Springer etc.
Adjunct Professor and Director of Labs, Department of Chemistry and Environmental Science, New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT), Newark, NJ, USA
Dr. Sanchayita Rajkhowa, is currently working as Assistant Professor (Department of Chemistry, Jorhat Institute of Science & Technology, Jorhat, Assam, India) and has obtained her doctorate degree from North Eastern Hill University, Shillong in the year 2017. Her research is focused on surface chemistry, surfactants, carbohydrate chemistry and their impact on drug discovery and development. Dr. Rajkhowa has published several research papers in journals of both international and national repute as well as book chapters in her research areas with international publishers.
Department of Chemistry, Jorhat Institute of Science & Technology, Assam, Jorhat, India
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.