Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Management of Contaminants of Emerging Concern (CEC) in Environment provides information about new concepts and latest developments in origin, reaction pathways, transportation, transformation products, identification, and adverse effects of CEC, as well as recent remediation technologies and tools for CEC. The book explores processes such as nanotechnology for the degradation of CEC by using various heterogeneous catalysts.
The chapters incorporate both theoretical and practical aspects and can serve as a baseline for future studies. So, Management of Contaminants of Emerging Concern (CEC) in Environment is an indispensable resource for university students, teachers, and researchers, especially those working in the area of remediation and management of contaminants of emerging concern.
- Takes a holistic approach, focusing on the origin of contaminants, type of contaminants, remediation technologies, regulations and legal aspects
- Applies chemical, physical and biological processes for the treatment of emerging contaminants
- Written by a team of internationally reputed and rising researchers
Chemical engineers, environmental engineers and scientist, scholars working on the management and remediation of hazardous waste; scientist working in fields of environmental management and remediation; civil engineers working on waste treatment
1. Impact and issues of Organic Pollutants
2. Pharmaceutical Ingredients
3. Personal Care Products
4. Veterinary Medicines
5. Physical Treatment technologies
6. Bio-based Treatment technologies
7. Removal of organic dyes from industrial waste using low cost adsorbants
8. Investigating the problem of Crop Residue Burning in an Indo-Gangetic Plain – A Risk to Air Quality
9. Fluoride contamination in underground water and its treatment
10. Occurrence, Distribution and Fate of Emerging Persistent Organic Pollutants in the Environment
11. Atmospheric Brown Carbon: Sources, Chemistry and Impact
12. Microplastics as an emerging contaminant in environment: Occurrence, distribution and management strategy
13. Appraisal of groundwater chemistry and Holocene aquifer for arsenic mobilization in groundwater from Bengal basin: A study for safe water supply option
14. Nanoscale Zero Valent Iron (nZVI): A promising nanoparticle for environmental contamination remediation
15. Occurrence of Steroidal Hormone in Environment
16. Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs) and health Impact
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2021
- 12th March 2021
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr Pardeep Singh is presently working as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Environmental Science PGDAV College University of Delhi, New Delhi, India. He obtained his Master’s degree from the Department of Environmental Science, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India . He obtained his doctorate degree from the Indian Institute of Technology (Banaras Hindu University) Varanasi .
Department of Environmental Studies, PGDAV College, University of Delhi, New Delhi, India
Chaudhery Mustansar Hussain, PhD, is an Adjunct Professor, Academic Advisor and Lab Director in the Department of Chemistry & Environmental Sciences at the New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT), Newark, USA. His research is focused on Environmental management, Nanotechnology, Advanced Materials, and Analytical Chemistry of Various Industries. Dr. Hussain is the author of numerous papers in peer-reviewed journals as well as a prolific author and editor of scientific monographs and handbooks in his research areas for Elsevier, Royal Society of Chemistry, CRC, Springer, and others.
Adjunct Professor, Academic Advisor and Director of Chemistry and EVSc Labs, Department of Chemistry and Environmental Sciences, New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT), Newark, New Jersey, USA
Dr. Sanchayita Rajkhowa, is currently working as Assistant Professor (Department of Chemistry, Jorhat Institute of Science & Technology, Jorhat, Assam, India) and has obtained her doctorate degree from North Eastern Hill University, Shillong in the year 2017. Her research is focused on surface chemistry, surfactants, carbohydrate chemistry and their impact on drug discovery and development. Dr. Rajkhowa has published several research papers in journals of both international and national repute as well as book chapters in her research areas with international publishers.
Department of Chemistry, Jorhat Institute of Science & Technology, Assam, Jorhat, India
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.