Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Life Cycle Sustainability Assessment for Decision-Making: Methodologies and Case Studies gives readers a comprehensive introduction to life cycle sustainability assessment (LCSA) methodology for sustainability measurement of industrial systems, proposing an efficiency methodology for stakeholders and decision-makers. Featuring the latest methods and case studies, the book will assist researchers in environmental sciences and energy to develop the best methods for LCA, as well as aiding those practitioners who are responsible for making decisions for promoting sustainable development.
The past, current status and future of LCSA, Life Cycle Assessment method (LCA), Life Cycle Costing (LCC), Social Life Cycle Assessment (SLCA), the methodology of LCSA, typical LCSA case studies, limitations of LCSA, and life cycle aggregated sustainability index methods are all covered in this multidisciplinary book.
- Includes models for assessing sustainability in environmental, energy engineering and economic scenarios
- Features case studies that help define the advantages and obstacles of real world applications
- Presents a complete view, from theory to practice, of a life cycle approach by exploring the methods and tools of sustainability assessment, analysis and design of sustainability assessment
Researchers and students studying energy, sustainability and life cycle assessment; sustainability consultants; and governments interested in sustainable development
1. Introduction-Life Cycle Thinking
2. Sustainability, sustainable development and business sustainability
3. Life cycle thinking tools: Life Cycle Assessment, Life Cycle Costing and Social Life Cycle Assessment
4. Life Cycle Sustainability Assessment: an ongoing journey
5. Development and Applicability of Life Cycle Impact Assessment methodologies
6. Life Cycle Thinking for Sustainable Development in the Building Industry
7. MCDM for sustainability ranking of district heating systems considering uncertainties
8. Framework of Life Cycle Sustainability Assessment
9. Life Cycle Decision Support Framework: Method and Case Study
10. Advancing Life Cycle Sustainability Assessment Using Multiple Criteria Decision Making
11. A Composite Life Cycle Sustainability Index for Sustainability Prioritization of Industrial Systems
12. Life Cycle Sustainability Assessment and Decision-Making under Uncertainties
13. Multi-Criteria Decision Making After Life Cycle Sustainability Assessment Under Hybrid Information
14. Life Cycle Sustainability Decision-making framework for the prioritization of electrochemical energy storage under uncertainties
15. Barriers Identification and Prioritization for Sustainability Enhancement: Promoting the Sustainable Development of Desalination Industry
16. Integrated Data Envelopment Analysis, Weighting Methods and Life Cycle Thinking: A Quantitative Framework for Life Cycle Sustainability Improvement
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2019
- 19th November 2019
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Jingzheng Ren is Assistant Professor of Modelling for Energy, Environment and Sustainability at the Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering of Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU). He has also been nominated as adjunct/honorary associate professor of University of Southern Denmark (Denmark) and associated senior research fellow of the Institute for Security & Development Policy (Stockholm, Sweden). Prof. Ren serves as board member of several scientific journals and published more than 150 papers, authored 1 book, edited more than 10 books and published more than 40 book chapters. His research focuses on process system engineering for better sustainability and mathematical models for solving energy and environmental problems and promoting sustainability transition
Assistant Professor, Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong SAR, China
Dr. Toniolo is a researcher in the field of Life Cycle Assessment (LCA), Life Cycle Costing (LCC), sustainability management and assessment. She is an active member in Italian LCA Network on the definition of LCA approaches for the tourism sector. She has written several papers on LCA with a focus on methodological aspects concerning the development of life cycle inventories and the application of case studies.
Department of Industrial Engineering, University of Padova, Italy
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.