- Provides an alternative means to evaluate the impact of libraries
- Compares different countries and societies regarding their representation of libraries
- Pursues its subject through active research, rather than self reflection
Information and communication science researchers and students, Librarians making advocacy and Politicians and local governments planning their library services
Table of Contents
- List of figures
- About the author
- 1: Wondering about the future of libraries
- The debate among scientists and professionals
- The current situation
- Why this book? Why now?
- 2: Measuring the value of libraries
- The methods to assess the social and economic impact of libraries
- An alternative method: the analysis of the press
- Scope and methodology of the research
- 3: Libraries in the newspapers
- Are libraries a ‘hot’ topic?
- Emerging issues and general perception
- Synthesis of the quantitative analysis
- Stories and threads
- 4: Contemporary challenges and public perception
- Looking from the inside and outside
- Libraries and knowledge
- Libraries and welfare
- Libraries and the digital revolution: impact on libraries and public perception
- 5: Which library model from the newspapers: a synthesis
- Threats and opportunities for future libraries
- Recommendations to librarians
- No. of pages: 150
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Chandos Publishing 2014
- Published: August 18, 2014
- Imprint: Chandos Publishing
- Paperback ISBN: 9781843347446
- eBook ISBN: 9781780634258
About the Author
Since 2003, she has been working as Parliamentary Administrator and Librarian at the Senate Library in Rome. Prior to that, she was contract professor in Library and Information Science and Library Management at the University of Rome “La Sapienza”, as well as teacher in professional classes and speaker at many national and international conferences.
In addition to numerous articles and papers, she is the author of the following books: La valutazione delle biblioteche pubbliche. Dati e metodologie delle indagini in Italia. Firenze, Olschki, 1999; Biblioteche e cooperazione. Modelli, strumenti, esperienze in Italia. Milano: Editrice Bibliografica, 2004; Biblioteche per la città. Nuove prospettive di un servizio pubblico. Roma: Carocci, 2009; and Libraries and public perception. A comparative analysis of the European Press. Elsevier, Chandos Publishing, 2014.
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Libraries and Public Perception"