Make sure you understand and know how to use the very latest diagnostic imaging technology with Lavin’s Radiography for Veterinary Technicians, 6th Edition! All aspects of imaging – including production, positioning, and evaluation of radiographs – are combined into this comprehensive text. All chapters have been thoroughly reviewed, revised, and updated with vivid color equipment photos, positioning drawings, and detailed anatomy drawings. From foundational concepts to the latest in diagnostic imaging, this text is a valuable resource for students, technicians, and veterinarians alike!
- More than 1000 full-color photos and updated radiographic images visually demonstrate the relationship between anatomy and positioning.
- UNIQUE! Non-manual restraint techniques including sandbags, tape, rope, sponges, sedation and combinations improve your safety and radiation protection.
- UNIQUE! Comprehensive dental radiography coverage gives you a meaningful background in the dentistry subsection of vet radiography.
- Increased emphasis on digital radiography, including quality factors and post-processing, keeps you up-to-date on the most recent developments in digital technology.
- Broad coverage of radiologic science, physics, imaging and protection provide you with foundations for good technique.
- Objectives, key terms, outlines, chapter introductions and key points help you organize information to ensure you understand what is most important in every chapter.
- Color anatomy art created by an expert medical illustrator help you to recognize and avoid making imaging mistakes.
- Check It Out boxes provide suggestions for practical actions that help better understand content being presented.
- Points to ponder boxes emphasize information critical to performing tasks correctly.
- Key points boxes help you to review critical content presented in the radiographic positioning chapters.
Section 1: The Technical Side of Imaging
1. The Basics of Atoms and Electricity
2. Diagnostic Xray Production
3. Radiation Safety and Protection
Section 2: Film and Digital Imaging
4. Imaging on Film
5. Producing the Image
6. Optimizing the Image
7. Processing the Image on Film
8. Computerized Radiography; Digital Imaging
9. Quality Control, Testing and Artifacts
Section 3: Specialized Imaging
12. Computerized Tomography
13. Magnetic Resonance Imaging
14. Nuclear Medicine and Intro to P.E.T.
15. Overview of Positioning
16. Small Animal Abdomen
17. Small Animal Thorax
18. Small Animal Forelimb
19. Small Animal Pelvis and Pelvic Limb
20. Small Animal Vertebral Column
21. Small Animal Skull
22. Dental Imaging and Radiography
23. Small Animal Special Procedures
24. Equine and Large Animal Radiography
25. Avian and Exotic Radiography
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2018
- 23rd October 2017
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Penn Foster College, Scranton, Pennsylvania, Active Member, Ontario Association of Veterinary Technicians and Association of Veterinary Technician Educators
Member Canadian Association of Physicists, President, Xray Imaging Consultants Ltd., Tottenham, Ontario
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.