Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. Introduction to activewear
Joanne Yip, Andrew Frank Lando
2. Activewear designs and innovations
3. Textiles fibers and fabrics
Joanne Yip, Wing-Yu Chan
4. Narrow fabric elastics and accessories for activewear
Joanne Yip, Olivia Ho-Yi Fung, Tsz-ling Ng
5. Evaluation of perceived comfort and functional performance of activewear
Rong Liu, Elaine Fung, Younus Saher
6. Compression technology
7. 3D printing technologies: current applications, future trends, and challenges
8. Activewear design for competitions: case study for Hong Kong rowing team
Chu-Po Ho, Vanessa Chu
9. Yoga bra design for elderly women
Newman Lau, Jun Zhang, Joanne Yip, Winnie Yu
10. An innovative tank top equipped with biofeedback system for adolescents with early scoliosis
Joanne Yip, Garcia Kwok
Latest Material and Technological Developments for Activewear provides comprehensive coverage of academic research and industrial advances in this fast-moving field. As society becomes more health conscious, athleisure and sportswear have arrived as key fashion items in the global apparel market. In this book, designers and material scientists will find information on fibers and textiles, new processes, emerging technologies, and new applications that have helped to deliver this new wave of products. In addition to these technical details, the book covers consumer behavior, along with product design and manufacturing.
- Provides the detailed technical information needed to choose the correct material for demanding activewear products
- Identifies and analyzes emerging global trends in the activewear industry
- Covers the latest best practices that help designers create functional, comfortable and fashionable activewear
- Meets the requirements and standards of the apparel and fashion industry
- Explores emerging applications of wearable electronics and smart activewear
Product development and design engineers, technical and marketing managers, and quality assurance personnel in the garment industry. Graduate and post-graduate textiles and clothing students, and academic researchers in textile science
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2020
- 5th May 2020
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Joanne Yip has published more than 100 refereed and conference papers in textile and materials science journals. She has also worked in the intimate apparel industry and is therefore particularly familiar with material and quality requirements as well as the latest production techniques used in industry. Dr. Yip is currently teaching at Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU) and her research interests include moulding or seamless techniques used in intimate apparel and activewear, functional garments for scoliosis, new materials and technologies, and surface treatment on textiles.
Institute of Textiles and Clothing, Hong Kong Polytechnic University
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.