Spanning the entire childhood developmental period, Language Disorders from Infancy Through Adolescence, 5th Edition is the go-to text for learning how to properly assess childhood language disorders and provide appropriate treatment. The most comprehensive title available on childhood language disorders, it uses a descriptive-developmental approach to present basic concepts and vocabulary, an overview of key issues and controversies, the scope of communicative difficulties that make up child language disorders, and information on how language pathologists approach the assessment and intervention processes. This new edition also features significant updates in research, trends, social skills assessment, and instruction best practices.
- Clinical application focus featuring case studies, clinical vignettes, and suggested projects helps you apply concepts to professional practice.
- UNIQUE! Practice exercises with sample transcripts allow you to apply different methods of analysis.
- UNIQUE! Helpful study guides at the end of each chapter help you review and apply what you have learned.
- Highly regarded lead author who is an expert in language disorders in children provides authoritative guidance on the diagnosis and management of pediatric language disorders.
- More than 230 tables and boxes summarize important information such as dialogue examples, sample assessment plans, assessment and intervention principles, activities, and sample transcripts.
- Student/Professional Resources on Evolve include an image bank, video clips, and references linked to PubMed.
Section I: Topics in Child Language Disorders
1. Models of Child Language Disorders
3. Principles of Intervention
4. Special Considerations for Special Populations
5. Developmental Language Disorders in a Pluralistic Society
Section II. From Birth to Brown’s Stage V
6. Assessment and Intervention in the Prelinguistic Period
7. Assessment and Intervention for Emerging Language
8. Assessment of Developing Language
9. Intervention for Developing Language
Section III. Working with Language Learning Disabilities
10. Language, Reading, and Learning in School: What the Speech-Language Pathologist Needs to Know
11. Assessing Students’ Language for Learning
12. Intervening at the Language-for-Learning Period
13. Assessing Advanced Language
14. Intervention for Advanced Language
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2017
- 15th November 2017
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Professor and Founding Chair, Department of Speech Language Pathology, Sacred Heart University, Fairfield, Connecticut
Psychology and Language Sciences, University College London
Speech-Language Pathology Clinical Fellow, Early Childhood Special Education, Charlottesville City Public Schools, Charlottesville, Virginia
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.