Lacustrine Shale Gas: Case Study from the Ordos Basin examines the special sedimentation and formation environment based on the actual exploration of lacustrine shale gas. Using the Chang7 black shale of Yanchang formation in Ordos basin as an example, this book deeply dissects the Lacustrine shale geological characteristics and offers fresh insights into Lacustrine shale geochemistry, shale reservoir, hydrocarbon accumulation and resource evaluation. The book not only enriches, develops and contributes to new theories of shale gas exploration, but also contributes to a new research field, lacustrine shale gas exploration.
Shale gas is the mixed phase natural gas that includes adsorbed phase and free phase gas. It is accumulated in the rich organic matter in shale. In recent years, with great changes in global oil and gas exploration and energy supply situation, shale gas has attracted a lot of attention, becoming the focus of the energy industry.
- Reflects the development of world-leading shale gas exploration technology in China
- Analyzes first-hand experimental data and scientific research methods on the geological characteristics of lacustrine shale gas
- Systematically discusses the theory of lacustrine shale gas exploration, from source rock characteristics, shale reservoir characteristics, and shale gas accumulation, to shale gas resources evaluation
- Provides practical guidance by using the Ordos basin as example
Researchers in the field of unconventional oil and gas exploration and development
1. Rock Test
2. Rock Bolting
3. Grouted Cable
4. Tunnel Engineering
5. Slope Engineering
6. Mining Engineering
- No. of pages:
- © Gulf Professional Publishing 2017
- 31st May 2017
- Gulf Professional Publishing
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
As the Vice President of Shaanxi Yangchang Petroleum Group Co., Ltd., Dr. Wang is also a professor steering more than 40 state-level or provincial-level projects regarding oil and gas exploration and development. He won the second prize of national award for science and technology progress and 18 provincial awards for research finding, and holds 37patents. He was appointed as the chief scientist of the first shale gas project of state 863 projects. Dr. Wang has published 11 monographs and about 60 articles in core academic journals.
He has been granted the special allowance for state council expert, top talent of engineering technology and administration of Shaanxi province. He is also the vice council president of Shaanxi petroleum society, an adjunct professor of university of Regina, and doctoral supervisor in China university of Geosciences
Vice President, Shaanxi Yangchang Petroleum Group Co., Ltd.