Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Laboratory Animals: Regulations and Recommendations for the Care and Use of Animals in Research, Second Edition, is the only publication to offer a global compilation of standards on the care, welfare and use of animals in research. The book provides updated information that will be of great interest to professionals across laboratory animal science and biomedical research. Users will find a broad picture of the regulations required in other areas of the world that will be essential to appropriately manage animal care and use programs.
- Offers a worldwide view and global compilation of regulations, guidelines and recommendations for laboratory animal research
- Provides insight into factors that play key roles in the regulatory framework for countries and geographic regions
- Compares and contrasts regulations in different regions
- Written in layman’s terms to easily understand legislation and regulations
All professionals in laboratory animal science: animal care takers, technicians, veterinarians; investigators using animals in research; research institution administrators; and members of institutional animal care and use committees or ethics committees
1. Principles: a Tool for Harmonization
2. Oversight of Research Animal Welfare in the United States
3. Canada’s Oversight of Animal Use in Science
4. Laboratory Animal Science Legislation in Latin America
5. The European Framework on Research Animal Welfare Regulations and Guidelines
6. Israeli Legislation and Regulation on the Use of Animals in Biological and Medical Research
7. Animal Experimentation in Africa: Legislation and Guidelines
8. Laws, Regulations and Guidelines Shaping Research Animal Care and Use in India
9. Oversight of Animal Research in China
10. Laws, Regulations, Guidelines, and Principles Pertaining to Laboratory Animals in Far East Asia
11. Laws, Regulations, Guidelines and Principles Pertaining to Laboratory Animals in Southeast Asia
12. Laboratory Animals Regulations and Recommendations for Global Collaborative Research: Australia New Zealand
13.Global Guiding Recommendations
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2017
- 25th October 2017
- Academic Press
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Senior Director for Europe & Latin America, AAALAC International • Member, ICLAS Governing Board and Executive Committee • Member, Council of Management and Executive Committee, Laboratory Animals Ltd (journal) • Member, Board EARA • Former President of FELASA and SECAL• Former Member, several European Commission Expert Working Groups on related to the implementation of the Directive 2010/63/EU
Senior Director, Europe and Latin America, AAALAC International, Spain
"...this book is a valuable single-source reference for those seeking a comprehensive perspective on the global regulatory environment pertaining to the use of animals in research." --Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.