- An essential reference for all textiles student textile engineers and technicians involved in knitted garment design and manufacture
Table of Contents
- An introduction to textile technology; From hand knitting to frame knitting; General terms and principles of knitting technology; Basic mechanical principles of knitting technology; Elements of knitted loop structure; Comparison of weft and warp knitting; The four primary base weft knitted structures; The various types of weft knitting machines; Stitching produced by varying the sequence of the needle loop intermeshing; Coloured stitch designs in weft knitting; Pattern and selection devices; Electronics in knitting; Circular fabric knitting; Speciality fabrics and machines; Loop transfer stitches; Welts, garment sequences and knitting to shape; The straight bar frame and full-fashioning; Flat knitting, basic principles and structures; Automatic power flat knitting; Circular garment-length machines; The manufacture of hosiery on small-diameter circular machines; Aspects of knitting science; Basic warp knitting principles; Classes of warp knitting machines; Plain tricot structures knitted with two full set guide bars; Surface interest, relief and openwork structures; ‘Laying-in’ and full plate; Multi guide bar machines and fabrics; Double needle bar warp knitting machines; Technical textiles.
- No. of pages: 416
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Woodhead Publishing 2001
- Published: April 27, 2001
- Imprint: Woodhead Publishing
- eBook ISBN: 9781855737556
- Paperback ISBN: 9781855733336
About the Author
D J Spencer
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Knitting Technology"