Written by todays leading experts, Kirk's Current Veterinary Therapy, Volume XV keeps you completely current with the latest in disease management for dogs and cats. It uses a clear and practical approach to medical disorders; the typical chapter includes both a brief guide to diagnosis and a detailed discussion of therapy. Youll gain quick access to information such as critical care; infectious, toxicologic, and dermatologic disorders; and diseases of the gastrointestinal, cardiovascular, respiratory, urinary, reproductive, neurologic,and ophthalmologic systems. From editors John Bonagura and David Twedt plus hundreds of expert contributors, Kirk's Current Veterinary Therapy enhances your skills in evidence-based treatment planning.
"For the practitioner who wants to keep abreast of current therapies for a wide range of topics, … CVT is the perfect reference ." Reviewed by: Ryan Ong, WAVES Veterinary Hospital on behalf of Australian Veterinary Hospital, March 2015
- Authoritative, easy-to-read coverage includes a brief approach to diagnosis with detailed discussions of the latest therapies.
- An organ-system organization and a convenient index make it easy to find solutions for specific disorders.
- Treatment algorithms help you manage patients with difficult medical problems.
- A handy Table of Common Drugs, updated by Dr. Mark Papich, offers a quick reference to dosage information.
- 365 illustrations depict the pathophysiologic basis for therapy or show the management of a defined condition.
- A companion website includes valuable information still relevant from CVT XIV, an index, and drug formulary, all fully searchable; a collection of 300 images; references that link to PubMed; and clinical references on laboratory test procedures and interpretation, normal reference ranges, conversion tables, and more.
- Concise chapters are only 2-5 pages in length, saving you time in finding essential information.
- Expert contributors and editors provide scientific, up-to-date coverage of clinically useful topics, including broad, traditional, and controversial subjects.
- References indicate related material from earlier volumes of Kirk’s Current Veterinary Therapy.
Section I: Critical Care
1. Crystalloid Fluid Therapy
2. Colloid Fluid Therapy
3. Catecholamines in the Critical Care Patient
5. Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
6. Drug Incompatibilities and Drug-Drug Interactions in the ICU Patient
7. Nutrition in Critical Care
8. Stabilization of the Patient with Respiratory Distress
9. Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome
10. Oxygen Therapy
11. Ventilator Therapy for the Critical Patient
12. Analgesia of the Critical Patient
13. Anesthesia for the Critical Care Patient
14. Hyperthermia and Heat-Induced Illness
16. Critical Illness-Related Corticosteroid Insufficiency
17. Evaluation of Canine Orthopedic Trauma
18. Emergency Management of Open Fractures
19. Emergency Wound Management and Vacuum Assisted Wound Closure
Web Chapter 1. Acid-Base Disorders
Web Chapter 2. Drainage Techniques for the Septic Abdomen
Web Chapter 3. Gastric Dilation-Volvulus
Web Chapter 4. Pacing in the ICU Setting
Section II: Toxicologic Diseases
20. ASPCA Animal Poison Center Toxin Exposures for Pets
21. Toxin Exposures in Small Animals
22. Urban Legends of Toxicology: Fact and Fiction
23. Drugs Used to Treat Toxicoses
24. Intravenous Lipid Emulsion Therapy
25. Human Drugs of Abuse and CNS Stimulants
26. Antidepressants and anxiolytics
27. Over-the-Counter Drug Toxicosis
28. Top 10 Toxic and Non-Toxic Household Plants
29. Herbal Hazards
30. Lawn and Garden Product Safety
31. Rodenticide Toxicoses
32. Insecticide Toxicoses
33. Pesticides: New Vertebrate Toxic Agents for Pest Species
34. Parasiticide Toxicoses: Avermectins
35. Human Foods with Pet Toxicoses: Alcohol to Xylitol
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2014
- 20th December 2013
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN: