Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
The first edition of Japanese Financial Markets established itself as a standard work on one of the most important financial centres in the world. Since then there have been substantial changes, most notably a serious financial crisis and major subsequent reforms of the financial system. Written by leading analysts from the prestigious Nomura Group, this authoritative second edition explains these changes and their consequences for the current structure and operation of the country's financial markets.
The book is arranged in four main sections:
- Part one provides an overview of the recent performance of Japan's financial markets, the crisis in the 1990s, government reforms and the subsequent 'Big Bang' in the country's financial system.
- Part two looks at the range of participants in the market, from individual investors, public sector and corporate pension funds to investment trusts, government bond issues and the equity market. This section of the book also discusses cross-border money flows, monetary policy and the regulatory framework.
- Part three discusses the markets themselves, covering the money and bond markets, trading in equities and securities and the venture capital market.
- Part four considers current problems and likely future developments in the financial system.
- Comprehensively updated new edition of a standard work
- Covers all aspects of Japanese financial markets in detail
- Written by a distinguished banker with unrivalled insight into Japanese financial markets' workings
Fund managers, institutional investors, financial analysts, and all those concerned with one of the world’s most important financial markets
Part 1 Overview: The historical performance of Japan’s financial markets
The financial system crisis and the financial Big Bang in Japan
Part 2 Market participants: Individual investors and the investment-saving balance
Asset management by the private sector: Postal savings, Kanpo and public pensions
Corporate pension funds; Investment trusts
Banks and insurance companies as institutional investors
Cross-border money flows and the exchange rate
The government and the public bond primary market
Corporate finance in Japan
The Bank of Japan’s monetary policy
The Financial Services Agency
The securities exchanges
Part 3 The markets
The money market
The fixed income secondary market
The equity trading market
The securitisation market
The venture capital market
Part 4 The future: Issues for the future
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2002
- 31st October 2002
- Woodhead Publishing
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Janichi Ujiie is the President and CEO of Nomura Holdings, Inc. He has held various senior management positions in the research and international divisions of Nomura, including the post of President of the US unit, Nomura Securities International, Inc., and has been a director of Nomura since 1990. Mr Ujiie also serves as an outside director of the Tokyo Stock Exchange, Inc.
President, Nomura Securities Co Ltd
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.