Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Ion Exchange Technology serves both as a reference and as a text book for technologists and engineers. While the present book is based mainly on ion exchange as practiced in the United States, the object was to produce a generally useful book which would deal with the fundamental problems, techniques, and operations of ion exchange such as mass transfer, equipment design, properties of ion exchange resins, and deionization. Also include are chapters on two types of applications—those that are used industrially on a large scale, and those which have not yet reached large-scale use but have impressive potentialities. In both the fundamental and applied chapters it was deemed necessary that the successful aspects of ion exchange operation be included. In addition, it was equally important to describe the problems and the inherent complexities encountered in the setting up of an ion exchange process. Wherever possible the economic factors were described realistically.
I. Fundamental Aspects
2. Ion Exchange Resins
3. Equipment and Process Design
4. Mass Transfer and Equilibria
5. Principles of Deionization with Ion Exchange Resins
6. Electrochemical Operations
7. Ion Exclusion
8. Economic Considerations
9. Prediction of Fixed-Bed Performance with A Computing Machine
A. Water Treatment
10. Ion Exchange Technology in Water Treatment
B. Catalysis and Metallurgy
11. Catalysis with Ion Exchange Resins
12. Application in Hydrometallurgy
13. Chromium Recovery from Plating Solutions
14. Recovery of Copper from Rayon Wastes
15. The Isolation in Quantity of Individual Rare Earths of High Purity by Ion Exchange
16. Processing Radioisotopes by Ion Exchange
17. Treatment of Radioactive Wastes
D. Organic-Biological Processes
18. Sugar Refining and by-Product Recovery
19. Organic Chemical Purification by Ion Exchange
20. Pharmaceutical and Biological Products
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 1956
- 1st January 1956
- Academic Press
- eBook ISBN:
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.