*Will enable students, and those already in the finance profession, to gain an understanding of the basic information and principles of project finance
*Includes questions with answers, study topics, practical 'real world' examples and an extensive bibliography
Table of Contents
- FOREWORD; OVERVIEW OF PROJECT FINANCE: INTRODUCTION TO PROJECT FINANCE; USES FOR PROJECT FINANCE; WHY USE PROJECT FINANCING; DESCRIPTION OF A TYPICAL PROJECT FINANCE TRANSACTION; PARTIES TO A PROJECT FINANCING; FINANCING SOURCES USED IN PROJECT FINANCING; UNDERSTANDING KEY PROJECT RISKS: ENTITY RISKS; TRANSACTION RISKS; MITIGATING AND MANAGING PROJECT RISKS; SECURITY; INSURANCE ISSUES; EVALUATING THE PROJECT: THE OFFERING MEMORANDUM; LEGISLATION RELATING TO INFORMATION MEMORANDA; FEASIBILITY STUDY – MAJOR ISSUES ADDRESSED; CREDIT RISK APPRAISAL – GENERAL CONSIDERATIONS; CONTRACTUAL FRAMEWORK: GENERAL; PRE-DEVELOPMENT AGREEMENTS; CONSTRUCTION AGREEMENTS; CONTRACTORS BONDS; OPERATING AND MAINTENANCE AGREEMENTS; SPONSOR SUPPORT AGREEMENTS; MANAGEMENT AGREEMENTS; REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES; PROJECT LOAN / CREDIT AGREEMENTS; SECURITY AGREEMENTS; PROJECT FINANCING IN THE ECONOMY: HISTORY AND OUTLOOK OF THE PROJECT FINANCE MARKET; TELECOMS SECTOR; POWER; OIL & GAS; MINING; INFRASTRUCTURE AND TRANSPORT; PULP AND PAPER; WATER AND WASTE WATER; THE UK PFI MODEL; APPENDICES: APPENDIX I MULTILATERAL FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS; APPENDIX II GENERALLY ACCEPTED RISK PRINCIPLES RISK MAP; APPENDIX III CREDIT RATING AGENCY RATING SCALES; APPENDIX IV COUNTRY RISK CRITERIA; GLOSSARY; SUGGESTED READINGS
- No. of pages: 208
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Butterworth-Heinemann 2005
- Published: August 26, 2005
- Imprint: Butterworth-Heinemann
- eBook ISBN: 9780080454689
- Paperback ISBN: 9780750659055
About the Author
His expertise is in all aspects of Corporate Credit, Analysing Banks and Financial Institutions Risk, Syndicated Lending, and Project Finance, and he has an ongoing research interest in Debt Recovery and the roles of Credit Rating Agencies in the investor creditor community.
Andrew has written and developed course materials for both tailored and public courses for Euromoney Training, BPP Financial Training, Intellexis Training, the French Bankers Training Institute, Bankakademie in Germany, and aid programmes for the European Union, USAID Eurasia Foundation, and Asian Development Bank. He has also written a dozen books on Banking and Finance related subjects for Euromoney Publications, Wiley and Sons, Express Exec / Capstone Publishing.
During the last year Andrew has led successful courses in Malaysia, India, Lebanon, Bulgaria, Georgia, Armenia, Algeria, France, Germany, and the UK
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Introduction to Project Finance"