Intrathecal Drug Delivery for Pain and Spasticity - a volume in the new Interventional and Neuromodulatory Techniques for Pain Management series - presents state-of-the-art guidance on the full range of intrathecal drug delivery techniques performed today. Asokumar Buvanendran, MD and Sudhir Diwan, MD, offer expert advice on a variety of procedures to treat chronic non-malignant pain, cancer pain, and spasticity. Comprehensive, evidence-based coverage on selecting and performing these techniques - as well as weighing relative risks and complications - helps you ensure optimum outcomes. With access to the fully searchable text at www.expertconsult.com, you’ll have the detailed visual assistance you need right at your fingertips.
- Understand the rationale and scientific evidence behind intrathecal drug delivery techniques and master their execution.
- Optimize outcomes, reduce complications, and minimize risks by adhering to current, evidence-based practice guidelines.
- Apply the newest techniques in intrathecal pump placement, cancer pain management, use of baclofen pumps, and compounding drugs.
- Quickly find the information you need in a user-friendly format with strictly templated chapters supplemented with illustrative line drawings, images, and treatment algorithms.
- Access the fully searchable contents online at expertconsult.com.
SECTION I: General Considerations
Chapter 1: Basic Science of Spinal Receptors
Chapter 2: Pharmacologic Agents and Compounding of Intrathecal Drugs
Chapter 3: Polyanalgesia for Implantable Drug Delivery Systems
Chapter 4: Principles of Patient Management for Intrathecal Analgesia
Chapter 5: Patient Selection for Intrathecal Infusion to Treat Chronic Pain
Chapter 6: Patient Preparation
Chapter 7: Psychological Considerations in IDD
Chapter 8: Intrathecal Drug Delivery: Medical Necessity, Documentation, Coding and Billing
SECTION II: Implant Devices
Chapter 9: Methods of Trials for Consideration of ITDDS
Chapter 10: Techniques of Implant Placement for Intrathecal Pumps
Chapter 11: Programmable versus Fixed-Rate Pumps for Intrathecal Drug Delivery
Chapter 12: SynchroMed EL vs SynchroMed II
Chapter 13: Minimizing the Risks of Intrathecal Therapy
Chapter 14: Complications Associated with Intrathecal Drug Delivery Systems
SECTION III: Evidence-based practice
Chapter 15: Management of ITDDS in Patients with Co-Morbidities
Chapter 16: Cost-Effectiveness of Implanted Drug Delivery Systems
Chapter 17: Neuroaugmentation by Stimulation vs. Intrathecal Drug Delivery Systems
Chapter 18: Anticoagulation guidelines and Intrathecal Drug Delivery Systems
Chapter 19: Intrathecal Therapy for Malignant Pain
SECTION IV: ITDDs for spasticity
Chapter 20: Intrathecal Baclofen Trialing
Chapter 21: Baclofen Pump Management
SECTION V: Future of ITDDs<P
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2011
- 29th September 2011
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN: