Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. The colMOOC project: Integrating Conversational Agents and Learning Analytics in MOOCs
2. Personalizing alternatives for diverse learner groups: Readability tools
3. An Intelligent System For Support Planning Interactive Learning Segments In Online Education
4. Integrating a conversational pedagogical agent into instructional activities of a Massive Open Online Course to increase the effectiveness and the completion rates
5. A literature review on artificial intelligence and ethics in online education
6. Assessing students’ social and emotional competencies through graph analysis of emotional-enriched sociograms
7. Adaptive Task Selection in Automated Educational Software: A Comparative Study
8. Actor’s Knowledge Massive Identification in the Learning Management System
9. Improving MOOCs experience using Learning Analytics and Intelligent Conversational Agent
10. Intelligent Distance Learning Framework for Heterogeneous Online Students
11. Sequential engagement based Online Learning Analytics and Prediction
12. AI-Enabled Remote Learning and Teaching using Pedagogical Conversational Agents and Learning Analytics
13. Transfer Learning Techniques for Cross-Domain MOOC Forum Post Analysis
14. Human Computation for Learning and Teaching or Collaborative Tracking of Learners' Misconceptions
15. Assisted Education: Using Predictive Model to Avoid School Dropout in e-Learning Systems
Intelligent Systems and Learning Data Analytics in Online Education provides novel artificial intelligence (AI) and analytics-based methods to improve online teaching and learning. This book addresses key problems such as attrition and lack of engagement in MOOCs and online learning in general.
This book explores the state of the art of artificial intelligence, software tools and innovative learning strategies to provide better understanding and solutions to the various challenges of current e-learning in general and MOOC education. In particular, Intelligent Systems and Learning Data Analytics in Online Education shares stimulating theoretical and practical research from leading international experts. This publication provides useful references for educational institutions, industry, academic researchers, professionals, developers, and practitioners to evaluate and apply.
- Presents the application of innovative AI techniques to collaborative learning activities
- Offers strategies to provide automatic and effective tutoring to students’ activities
- Offers methods to collect, analyze and correctly visualize learning data in educational environments
Upper level and graduate students in Computer Science, IT researchers and practitioners, Researchers and professionals in the educational domain interested in e-learning assessment and data analytics particularly in MOOCs
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2021
- 21st May 2021
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
Santi Caballé is a Full Professor of Learning Engineering at the Faculty of Computer Science, Multimedia and Telecommunications of the Universitat Oberta de Catalunya (UOC), based in Barcelona, Spain, where he conducts online teaching and research activity in the fields of Learning Engineering (eLearning) and Software Engineering. Prof. Caballé holds Bachelor’s, Master’s and Ph.D. degrees in Computing Engineering at the UOC, where he is currently the Head of the research group SmartLearn devoted to the intensive use of ICT for Education. Prof. Caballé has leaded and participated in over 30 research and teaching innovation projects, including leading European funded projects, and has been involved in the organization of many international research events. His publication record spans over 250 peer-reviewed publications, including 15 authored and edited books, 55 papers of indexed journals and over 150 conference papers. His research contributions are widely cited.
Professor, Faculty of Computer Science, Multimedia and Telecommunications, Universitat Oberta de Catalunya, Barcelona, Spain
Dr. Stavros N. Demetriadis holds a BSc degree in Physics, MSc in Electronic Physics, and PhD in Multimedia educational technology from AUTh. He teaches courses and conducts research in the broader area of technology- enhanced learning with emphasis on Computer-supported collaborative learning (CSCL), Adaptive hypermedia systems for learning, Educational robotics and Tangible interfaces for programming, Conversational agents, Multimedia learning, Cognitive training technologies. Dr. Demetriadis has published more than 150 research papers either in international scientific journals (with IF) or in international/national conference proceedings (more than 2500 third party citations and h-index: 25 reported in Google Scholar). He is member of the scientific committee in several top-ranking international Conferences each year (such as IEEE ICALT, ECTEL, CSEDU, etc.). Since 1995 he has participated in many AUTH research projects and has been project leader in some of them. Dr. Demetriadis is currently the coordinator of the ongoing research project "colMOOC" funded by the European Commission devoted to the integration of conversational agents and learning analytics in online education.
Professor, School of Informatics, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
Eduardo Gómez-Sánchez received his PhD degree in Telecommunications Engineering in 2001. He is currently professor of Telematics Engineering at the University of Valladolid in Valladolid, Spain. His main research interests include the design and evaluation of software systems to support collaborative learning, both in formal and informal settings. He has published more than 40 papers in indexed journals and has a Google Scholar reported h-index of 27.
Professor, School of Telecommunications Engineering, Universidad de Valladolid, Valladolid, Spain
Dr. Pantelis Papadopoulos holds a BSc in Informatics, and MSc and PhD in Information and Communication Technologies in Education from the School of Informatics at Aristotle University of Thessaloniki. His research interests include Educational Technology, Game-Based Learning, Computer-Supported Collaborative Learning, Innovation and Entrepreneurship Education, and Open and Distance Education. His work is published in more than 45 top ranking international peer-reviewed journals and conferences. Dr. Papadopoulos is an Associate Editor and chief-editor of research journals and books. He is a member of the scientific committee in several top-ranking international conferences and reviewer to major journals in his domain as well as a member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), the International Society of the Learning Sciences (ISLS), and the Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE).
Associate Professor, Department of Instructional Technology, University of Twente, Enschede, The Netherlands
Prof. Armin Weinberger is head of the Department of Educational Technology and Knowledge Management at Saarland University in Saarland, Germany. His main research interests are educational technology, technology-enhanced learning, computer-supported collaboration scripts, argumentative knowledge construction, crosscultural education, and methodological issues in small group learning. He is on the editorial board of ijCSCL (International Journal of Computer Supported Collaborative Learning), one the two premier journals of the Learning Sciences field, and has extensively published in this and many other leading research journals, obtaining award-winning articles in reputed journals, such as Computers in Human Behavior and Instructional Science.
Professor, Department of Educational Technology and Knowledge Management, Saarland University, Saarland, Germany
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.