Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Intelligence Science: Leading the Age of Intelligence covers the emerging scientific research on the theory and technology of intelligence, bringing together disciplines such as neuroscience, cognitive science, and artificial intelligence to study the nature of intelligence, the functional simulation of intelligent behavior, and the development of new intelligent technologies. The book presents this complex, interdisciplinary area of study in an accessible volume, introducing foundational concepts and methods, and presenting the latest trends and developments. Chapters cover the Foundations of neurophysiology, Neural computing, Mind models, Perceptual intelligence, Language cognition, Learning, Memory, Thought, Intellectual development and cognitive structure, Emotion and affect, and more.
This volume synthesizes a very rich and complex area of research, with an aim of stimulating new lines of enquiry.
- Presents a complex, interdisciplinary area in an accessible way, including the latest trends and developments
- Brings together disciplines such as neuroscience, cognitive science and artificial intelligence
- Gives the latest methods and theories in the development of new intelligent technologies
- Reflects upon the most important achievements in the study of natural and artificial intelligence
- Contextualizes intelligence research within the history and progress of twenty-first century science
Senior undergraduates and postgraduates in intelligence science, cognitive science, neuroinformatics and other courses, as well as researchers engaged in intelligence science, artificial intelligence, cognitive science, brain science,
neuroscience, psychology and other fields
2. Foundation of neurophysiology
3. Neural Computing
4. Mind model CAM
5. Perceptual Intelligence
6. Language cognition
10. Intellectual development and cognitive structure
11. Emotion and affect
13. Brain machine integration
14. Brain-like intelligence
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2021
- 16th April 2021
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Zhongzhi Shi is a Professor in the Institute of Computing Technology, at the Chinese Academy of Sciences, and a Fellow of the China Computer Federation. His research interests include intelligence science, artificial intelligence, multi-agent systems, and machine learning. He has published widely in the field, with 18 books and over 500 papers.
Professor, Institute of Computing Technology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, and Fellow, China Computer Federation
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.